JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A lot of people are moving from California and many of them are moving to Oregon. Oregon is going the way of California politically. So yeah we are like California with crappier weather.

I was looking at places with good year around weather. California and Hawaii are top ranked, but of course my evil guns are not welcome.
Yea, that's been happening forever.
Been to California in the last hundred years.? there's a heap a peeps there.

I'm hoping for cold, wet, shi++y weather until after the 2020 elections. The fewer people who believe in global warming, the better for our side.

Weather hasn't been that bad in the PDX area. Some years in the past we didn't get sun until mid July - I'm hoping for that. Last couple of years it was sunny with 90+ for WAY too many days.

The western US needs snow in the mountains so farmers/ranchers have irrigation water in the summer. (edit: and to keep down forest fires) Last year, they didn't have much mountain snow in the SW and people were selling herds and land. Bring on the cold and wet.

If you are complaining about the rain....in the PNW....I'm sorry. Enjoy the outdoors before it's not ours to enjoy anymore. Invest in some rain gear and get out. Less people, more wildlife to see between rain breaks. Enjoy OUR lands brothers they are great.

If you are complaining about the rain....in the PNW....I'm sorry. Enjoy the outdoors before it's not ours to enjoy anymore. Invest in some rain gear and get out. Less people, more wildlife to see between rain breaks. Enjoy OUR lands brothers they are great.
Stainless revolvers are great in the rain and snow.. especially if you reload.

I actually enjoy the rain, was working outside in the rain constructing an above raised garden the last several week-ends. I'm stuck in an office 50-60 hours a week so rain, snow as long as I'm outside I'm enjoying it thoroughly. YMMV

I'm quite fond of the grey and rain. Hopefully this trend continues for at least a few more weeks, heck, I'd like it to continue to July, then we would at least have a cool, moist summertime with less wildfires? :rolleyes:

Extra wet springs make for extra tall, thick undergrowth which dries out in August and makes for bad fire seasons.

Extra wet springs make for extra tall, thick undergrowth which dries out in August and makes for bad fire seasons.
So... you'd prefer extra dry winters (or short winters and long dry falls) and springs which makes for extra extra dry, kindling/tinder ready forests in the summertime; exactly as what we have been seeing last few years/decade?
:rolleyes:

Me personally.. I'd prefer a more proactive approach to forest management such as having people actually harvest undergrowth for campfires, maybe allow grazing cattle through the forests, similar to the Woods /Mountain Bison in Canada....

And here I sit looking at 2 dozen downed trees and piles of slash while I recover from routine surgery. Glad it's raining so I'm not tempted to go out and try to work.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top