JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have another 4 slash piles to burn this Spring, and it's not happening until we get a few days of it not raining for it dry out enough to get them lit. Been waiting two months for that.

We've had a few more showers than usual this spring. Sure turned everything green and made it grow in a hurry. Spent the last days spraying in hopes that I can stay ahead of the weeds this year. Got my work cut out for me.

The field below my house was little more than bare dirt 2 weeks ago. I came back from working out of the country and it was a foot deep.View attachment 569717

Rode out to the reservoir yesterday and it looks like it's about 8' from capacity. Should be plenty of water this summer.
View attachment 569718

Last Edited:
View attachment 569372

Nothing but rain and crappy weather for months now!

Every year it seems we at least get a few days break with some sunny days and warmer temps. But not this year. Nope.

The forecast has been awful and cold and wet and dreary for weeks and weeks with no end in sight.

I need to go take some vitamin D and figure out how to get out of this funk...

Complaining about overcast skies and rain during fall, winter, and spring?! :rolleyes:

Y'all ain't originally from "around here", huh? o_O

:D

Complaining about overcast skies and rain during fall, winter, and spring?! :rolleyes:

;)

Seasonal affective disorder - Wikipedia

Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) is a mood disorder subset in which people who have normal mental health throughout most of the year exhibit depressive symptoms at the same time each year, most commonly in winter.[1][2] Common symptoms include sleeping too much, having little to no energy, and overeating.[3] The condition in the summer can include heightened anxiety.[4]

In the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders DSM-IV and DSM-5, its status was changed. It is no longer classified as a unique mood disorder but is now a specifier, called "with seasonal pattern", for recurrent major depressive disorder that occurs at a specific time of the year and fully remits otherwise.[5] Although experts were initially skeptical, this condition is now recognized as a common disorder.[6]

SAD in the United States affects from 1.4% in Florida to 9.9% in Alaska.[7] SAD was formally described and named in 1984 by Norman E. Rosenthal and colleagues at the National Institute of Mental Health.[8][9]

SAD is a type of major depressive disorder, and sufferers may exhibit any of the associated symptoms, such as feelings of hopelessness and worthlessness, thoughts of suicide, loss of interest in activities, withdrawal from social interaction, sleep and appetite problems, difficulty with concentrating and making decisions, decreased libido, a lack of energy, or agitation.[4] Symptoms of winter SAD often include oversleeping or difficulty waking up in the morning, nausea, and a tendency to over eat, often with a craving for carbohydrates, which leads to weight gain.[10] SAD is typically associated with winter depression, but springtime lethargy or other seasonal mood patterns are not uncommon.[11] Although each individual case is different, in contrast to winter SAD, people who experience spring and summer depression may be more likely to show symptoms such as insomnia, decreased appetite and weight loss, and agitation or anxiety.[4]

;)

Seasonal affective disorder - Wikipedia

Seasonal affective disorder (SAD) is a mood disorder subset in which people who have normal mental health throughout most of the year exhibit depressive symptoms at the same time each year, most commonly in winter.[1][2] Common symptoms include sleeping too much, having little to no energy, and overeating.[3] The condition in the summer can include heightened anxiety.[4]

In the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders DSM-IV and DSM-5, its status was changed. It is no longer classified as a unique mood disorder but is now a specifier, called "with seasonal pattern", for recurrent major depressive disorder that occurs at a specific time of the year and fully remits otherwise.[5] Although experts were initially skeptical, this condition is now recognized as a common disorder.[6]

SAD in the United States affects from 1.4% in Florida to 9.9% in Alaska.[7] SAD was formally described and named in 1984 by Norman E. Rosenthal and colleagues at the National Institute of Mental Health.[8][9]

SAD is a type of major depressive disorder, and sufferers may exhibit any of the associated symptoms, such as feelings of hopelessness and worthlessness, thoughts of suicide, loss of interest in activities, withdrawal from social interaction, sleep and appetite problems, difficulty with concentrating and making decisions, decreased libido, a lack of energy, or agitation.[4] Symptoms of winter SAD often include oversleeping or difficulty waking up in the morning, nausea, and a tendency to over eat, often with a craving for carbohydrates, which leads to weight gain.[10] SAD is typically associated with winter depression, but springtime lethargy or other seasonal mood patterns are not uncommon.[11] Although each individual case is different, in contrast to winter SAD, people who experience spring and summer depression may be more likely to show symptoms such as insomnia, decreased appetite and weight loss, and agitation or anxiety.[4]

But.... you didn't answer the question. o_O

BTW- I get a mild case of SAD ever now and then, myself. I just keep that (and naked women) in mind which takes the edge off. ;)

Yes, I was born and raised in Moscow, Idaho. But I have lived in Arizona, Hawaii, California, and Iowa.

I will complain about the weather every winter and spring. It's what we do here, lol.

Born and raised here. Lived and worked the Pacific NorthWet for almost my whole life except for a short time when I went to boot in Calif. and 'A' school in Virginia. Had SAD my whole life - didn't know it was a thing until a few decades ago. Not a big deal for me - noticeable, but not disabling.

I've also been in the northern Willamette Valley my whole life, other than when I was gone in the Army. And after 67 years, I have every right to complain about the wet dismal weather.

I also know my complaining solves nothing, so I've become proactive. I've taken a couple cruises a year to the sunny Caribbean in the last few years, and it is incredible therapy.

In the Lewis and Clark Journal(s), the weather in this part of the country greatly affected their journey. The folks on their adventure were greatly affected by winter depression, and they couldn't wait to escape the Pacific Northwest, especially Astoria. Dismal Gulch? Named by Lewis and Clark as the area on the Washington side of the Megler Bridge.

So, if it affected Lewis and Clark, I'm in good company.

Remember the song Jerry Vale sang, Camelot? The place was designed to only rain at night, but in the morning the sun would always reappear. Sounds like a good balance.

I don't like rainy grey days - I suffer a bit from SAD. A nice sunny day with blue skies always cheers me up.

Ditto. I'm normally a cheerful person, but the weather gets me most years to some extent. I love sunny, hot weather. If I could land in a place with that most of the year, I would and, in fact, have plans to do with that.

I can roll with PNW crap weather to an extent, but I have a limit; Clatsop County, of example, was well beyond that. 364½ days of a rain per year got old fast. :eek:

We really liked living in eastern Oregon high desert. They have this thing called "seasons", in which it changes depending on the time of the year. Shocking, I know, but such a thing exists. (More seriously, where we lived, winter was intense, but short. Then it cleared and was nice the rest of the year.)

Here in southern Oregon the wet/cold months blow, but late spring through early fall is generally very nice, so it is a mixed-to-good bag. And still way better than up north.

Same here. Then I moved away from it.

^. That's the plan. From time to time I check the weather in the Tucson area to keep me focused. :s0155:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top