Uber CHL holder kills robber in Florida

Discussion in 'Defensive Carry & Self Defense' started by NWGlockgal, Dec 19, 2016.

Tags:
  1. NWGlockgal

NWGlockgal
    Oregon

Yes, they drive their own private cars.

2. Osarion

Osarion
    Snohomish County, WA

Two words.
    Legal liability. Same reason I'm sure the vast majority of businesses go out of their way to forbid guns in their stores. The beliefs of the owners/management notwithstanding, they don't want to get stuck with a lawsuit. Lawsuits put companies out of business. I'm sure their concern for potential customer/employee/occupant/etc safety factors in there but honestly, the bottom line is the bottom line.

Not defending it, just saying...

3. DB Wesner

DB Wesner
    Tacoma
    You need more cowbell. Silver Supporter

Legal Liability is right...when you remove the ability for someone to defend themselves it should be 100% on the business to provide said protective or face culpability...My two cents.

Tully Mars, Caveman Jim and Alexx1401 like this.
  4. cascadianliberty2012

cascadianliberty2012
    None

Y'all need to stop being so judgmental. He was a good boy! He dindu nuffin'!

5. EmyJacob

EmyJacob
    Canada

Uber is still going strong and has gone on to infiltrate 58 countries. It's chauffeurs double every 6 months. Recently, I read an article by collegeusatoday which recommends tips like verifying the identity of the driver before getting in, wait in a safe area for the app notification than venture into darker unsafe area, keep in touch with the family, check for the driver's rating on the app.
    I'm still not sure if it is safe to use Uber for female riding solo. But I don't think even a taxi rank better when it comes to safety. Another article on why one should be talking about taxi or uber safety tips (10 Reasons You Should Be Talking About Taxi/Uber Driver Safety Tips | ProTELEC CheckMate).

6. Stomper

Stomper
    SCREW YOU SALEM!!
    SCREW YOU SALEM! Gold Supporter

I have 8 safety tips in my Glock-43, and 15 safety tips in my Glock-19.

:D

Caveman Jim and cigars like this.
  7. cigars

cigars
    Beaverton, USA
    Cav Scout/Armorer/Cold War/Communist Borders Platinum Supporter 2016 Volunteer

Hopefully that's the case.

8. Ralgha

Ralgha
    Portland
    Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

This is obviously fake news, it's illegal to use a gun while robbing someone.

Travispitt likes this.
  9. Tully Mars

Tully Mars
    Land of Cotton