JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Almost simultaneous to me filing this story, an e-mail from "Everytown" popped into my INBOX, with a money beg to push the background check bill in Oregon.

It was signed by the widower of a woman killed at the Clackamas town center in December 2012. What it didn't mention was that the killer in that shooting stole his rifle. No background check.

Why do anti-gunners constantly refer to crimes that did not involve a background check in order to push background checks? Huh? What was that? I didn't quite hear that..... :rolleyes:

Recent headlines underscore myth of UBC as crime-fighting tool

Yesterday's Seattle Police Blotter reported the early Sunday arrest of four guys with three handguns in the Belltown area, and one of them was stolen while another was tucked in the waistband of a guy who did not have a concealed pistol license.

<broken link removed>

To the widow of the person killed at Clackamas Town Center: Your loved one chose to be a sheep rather than a sheepdog. Don't try to force his poor life choice on others.

IMHO, victims and their families are off limits

That would be virtuous.

I wish they were not so easily used and manipulated by the firearms prohibitionists. I think if they're going to be toyed with like that, they deserve to be offered a chance to see how they're being misguided and abused. It is a disgusting shame that they and the death of their loved ones are being exploited as a means to an end.

They should be invited to talk freely about what they truly want in the aftermath of their loss, without goading from one side or the other.

If they do not or can not show any sign of reason and continue to promote their suffering alone as a reason to infringe upon the rights and oppress lives of others "if it would save one life", no matter how contradictory it is to support laws that would have had zero effect in preventing the loss of their loved one, then they deserve no better than the two-faced organizations that would lie to them to further their own goals.

Same for all the representatives of non-profits and organizations that would label gun owners as promoting domestic violence, abuse, gang violence, homophobia, suicide and all the other infuriating absurdities.

IMHO, victims and their families are off limits
Only if they stay out of the fight. If they choose to enter the political arena, they do not get a free pass against criticism. We had this same issue with family members of 911 victims. Yes, there is certainly compassion and they are allowed some leeway when they emotionally express the grief associated with their loss. When they go beyond expression and join a political venue, then they are the same as everyone else.

Only if they stay out of the fight. If they choose to enter the political arena, they do not get a free pass against criticism. We had this same issue with family members of 911 victims. Yes, there is certainly compassion and they are allowed some leeway when they emotionally express the grief associated with their loss. When they go beyond expression and join a political venue, then they are the same as everyone else.
of course many of them get hijacked by the control movement, brainwashed, and then unleashed

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews