JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm having mixed feelings..., all drugs are basically legal in Oregon,and now ad,Career criminals allowed to have guns, ask alot of criminals, drugs are part of the reason they ended up in jail in the first place..our future no looking to shiny

Length of a punitive sentence means nothing to restoration.
Length of sentence doesn't matter. The punishment fitting the crime. The total punishment should be the total time of sentence and fines. After that punishment should be over. All punishment. If its a combination of imprisonment, parole and fine then at the end of all three ALL rights should be restored.

some of my seemingly liberal view centers on how legislators have expanded felonies.

i haven't actually read this book. but i understand it's quite good. and isn't tinfoily or weird.

most people think of felonies as being associated with horrible or egregious acts. but that is not always the case.

worth considering as an aspect of this discussion.

:)
Not to mention victimless crimes; e.g., drug possession, prostitution (at least theoretically), etc. - where people are incarcerated for "their own good".

I'm having mixed feelings..., all drugs are basically legal in Oregon,and now ad,Career criminals allowed to have guns, ask alot of criminals, drugs are part of the reason they ended up in jail in the first place..our future no looking to shiny
The "career scum" who are turned loose every time they are caught there? Not sure how a new law allowing them to own a gun would change anything. They are arrested now, with guns, and turned loose on the public over and over again. The only people the law makers in OR seem to really care about owning guns are the people who are not committing crime with them. Those people according to the law makers need to have no right to guns.

I'm not worried about felons getting their gun rights back. The felons are gonna be packin' anyway.

I'm a hell of a lot more worried about the felons in this state getting their voting rights back. Y'all know how 98% of them vote, right?
In 2020, it peaked at just over 105%. Remember that many had already died.

This is where I laugh at supposed pro 2nd amendment self righteous republicans who think people can't make mistakes. Nothing I mean nothing in the second amendment says the right to bear arms unless convicted of a crime? The way they hand out felonies today especially juveniles . It's greatest form of gun control no one wants to talk about because self righteous love to look down on others. Then look at legal system where many innocent people are forced to plea guilty because they can't afford great legal representation. When looking at probation Bs prison and you got a family what will you take? As a former juvenile felon who has had his rights back since 2008 in state of Washington. Where as in Arizona I was ok. Because juvenile felonies aren't federal prohibitors. I think last statistic I read said 1/3 have a criminal record of some kind. How many other constitutional rights do you lose because of a criminal record. Voting that's it. You don't lose first amendment hell not even in prison do you lose that. If you truly claim to be pro second amendment then stop supporting back door gun control .

The problem with your Fine argument is once convicted of a crime it's hard to look for good work. Second the fine accurs a 17% + interest that the state sells to private companies. Hence very hard to pay off or down. It's a visions cycle. Most felons aren't repeat felons? Like you think. I have worked in criminal justice system the last 4 years.

Highlights
  • The 401,288 state prisoners released in 2005 had 1,994,000 arrests during the 9-year period, an average of 5 arrests per released prisoner. Sixty percent of these arrests occurred during years 4 through 9.
  • An estimated 68% of released prisoners were arrested within 3 years, 79% within 6 years, and 83% within 9 years.
  • Eighty-two percent of prisoners arrested during the 9-year period were arrested within the first 3 years.
  • Almost half (47%) of prisoners who did not have an arrest within 3 years of release were arrested during years 4 through 9.
  • Forty-four percent of released prisoners were arrested during the first year following release, while 24% were arrested during year-9.

Amendment XIV

Section 1.

All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States and of the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the United States; nor shall any state deprive any person of life, liberty, or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Highlights
  • The 401,288 state prisoners released in 2005 had 1,994,000 arrests during the 9-year period, an average of 5 arrests per released prisoner. Sixty percent of these arrests occurred during years 4 through 9.
  • An estimated 68% of released prisoners were arrested within 3 years, 79% within 6 years, and 83% within 9 years.
  • Eighty-two percent of prisoners arrested during the 9-year period were arrested within the first 3 years.
  • Almost half (47%) of prisoners who did not have an arrest within 3 years of release were arrested during years 4 through 9.
  • Forty-four percent of released prisoners were arrested during the first year following release, while 24% were arrested during year-9.
You do realize when you can't get a job or place to live due your record. Some will go back to survive. Then take a huge fine at 17-39% interest rate when you do find a min wage job most your check will be gone. We have made people life long felons. Now some and mostly white former incarcerated people have a huge support group of friends and family but vast majority don't. How long will you live on the streets before you do what you have to survive. We have created a mass incarceration prison state. Go look into prison guard unions lobby for huger fines and sentences to guarantee employment. Look up the New Jim Crow and the 13th amendment 🤷🏼‍♂️

You do realize when you can't get a job or place to live due your record. Some will go back to survive. Then take a huge fine at 17-39% interest rate when you do find a min wage job most your check will be gone. We have made people life long felons. Now some and mostly white former incarcerated people have a huge support group of friends and family but vast majority don't. How long will you live on the streets before you do what you have to survive. We have created a mass incarceration prison state. Go look into prison guard unions lobby for huger fines and sentences to guarantee employment. Look up the New Jim Crow and the 13th amendment 🤷🏼‍♂️
Thats why I do not intentionally commit felony's. Put the ownerswhip on the criminal for his actions instead of trying to support thier behavior.

Highlights
What the people who compile these kind of stats do not like to admit is the why. All you have to do is read local news for a while to see what's wrong here. Way too many times you read of some scum arrested for some new crime. Scum often has 5, 10, or even 15 different convictions already under their belt and yet they are 30 years old. So after the first few times they were convicted and proved they learned nothing, they were again turned loose on the public. Then they wonder why? Many in law enforcement in large cities have long said the VAST majority of the violent crime is committed by a VERY few of the same offenders. The people in charge who love stats? They "solve" this problem by letting those few people out on the street over and over again. Then say the real answer is to pass more laws with stats to show why. Gun owners play right into their hands then wonder why its like this. Gun owners just keep loving those stats and supporting more laws while you scream about losing your rights. :s0092:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top