JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Let's not assume the government rationally prioritizes the biggest fish for the earliest frying.

Good post! In a similar vein I often hear people say, "but they wouldn't bother to prosecute you for that". Well that may be true in the first year or years of a new ban. But what about in the future? And what if the cop is an a-hole? Don't assume cops will be nice and not prosecute. Assume that if they have the authority they will, and take steps accordingly.

Another example is right now the OR gov and Portland mayor have proposed adding 100 state troopers to help with Portland crime. We already know the former head of the state patrol resigned due to Portland not prosecuting the crims. And then Kate brown appointed her own woman to be the head of the state patrol. So now we have an expanding state police force answerable to the far left governor. If this governor decides to do a jay inslee/Ferguson we could have the majority of Oregon police focused on petty administrative gun laws (such as m114 - assuming the or Supreme Court restarts it) as a top priority. So they can go from "nice guys" to a mandated "enforcing minor technical administrative gun laws is our top Priority" almost overnight.

I have read and interpreted the engraving thing as applying to manufacturing or if you put your gun into a trust or sell and transfer. After stamp is in hand, switching out the same manufacturers pistol brace to a stock is considered manufacturing a firearm? I really have to deface a factory built and serialized pistol AR for simply swapping an accessory?

I have read and interpreted the engraving thing as applying to manufacturing or if you put your gun into a trust or sell and transfer. After stamp is in hand, switching out the same manufacturers pistol brace to a stock is considered manufacturing a firearm? I really have to deface a factory built and serialized pistol AR for simply swapping an accessory?
There is a lot of internet rumor mill telling people they don't have to engrave unless they want to sell the SBR. That is incorrect; the ATF regulations require engraving for "making" too, even without a transfer or sale. Somewhere on NWFA I posted the actual regulation a while back.

During the amnesty brace process the ATF did tell amnesty filers they could apply for the amnesty Form 1 without engraving. I would not personally rely on that, even if I had been part of the amnesty brace/stock crowd. Outside of the amnesty crowd, I do not know of the ATF telling anyone they could ignore the clear regulations.

There is a lot of internet rumor mill telling people they don't have to engrave unless they want to sell the SBR. That is incorrect; the ATF regulations require engraving for "making" too, even without a transfer or sale. Somewhere on NWFA I posted the actual regulation a while back.

During the amnesty brace process the ATF did tell amnesty filers they could apply for the amnesty Form 1 without engraving. I would not personally rely on that, even if I had been part of the amnesty brace/stock crowd. Outside of the amnesty crowd, I do not know of the ATF telling anyone they could ignore the clear regulations.
And if they did it was the same kind of Entrapment they tried to run on Weaver. Never forget, we're dealing with people who masturbate to memories of Ruby Ridge and Waco... Always Terrorist Fascists

Last Edited:
I had a semi auto pistol engraved after getting a stamp for it. There are pretty cool machines that do the engraving. They put mine on the bottom along a flat section. Black on black in about an 6pt type. There is an official size to go by but technically you could put it inside the magwell. It doesn't HAVE to be on the outside of it.

Trevor at Hyperion in Kent, WA has a big laser engraver. He can do inside magwells, bottom of integral trigger guard, etc. His machine can also do deep patterns on axe steel, basic pictures, etc.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews