JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So with turkey opening up soon I was wondering how many of you guys actually hunt turkey? I grew up in Hood River and always heard orchardists complain about the turkey population in the orchards but now that I'm interested in hunting them they all say they haven't had problems (some haven't even seen any) with turkeys in years... Bummer, I could get onto a lot of the property in that area...

So, I'm wondering how many of you really hunt turkey and how successful are you? I would love to do some spring hunting but all my hopes were dashed to pieces when everybody (that I know) that used to have turkey problems say they're now a rarity...

Heading out to White River in Tygh Valley this weekend, never done a solo trip. I tried turkeys last fall but didnt see a thing, hoping to get a beter chance this time around.

I picked up a tag, I am hoping I can find some in the Corvallis area, last fall I figured I wouldn't even find any turkeys but on the last day you could buy tags last year I ran across a couple flocks ranging from 10-15 birds. They were all in people's yards or edges of fenced in property, in the middle of nowhere. I know my wife has a friend that has around 30 some turkeys on her parents land. I am having the wife ask if she really meant I could hunt out there and hopefully fill my first tag.

Just got back from a hunt around the Lake Roosevelt area. The camp only brought in 4, I was skunked but did roost some which contributed to the effort. Had a hen walk around the tree I was sitting by, seriously thought about the legality of being able to take it with a kabar lol

Glad to hear you guys had some success at least! I don't think I'm going to be able to make it out this year. Just can't rationalize a 3 hour drive for a turkey right now... Oh well, there will be many years to come.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top