JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Spring Turkey Hunting season is April 15-May31. My wife told me she wants us to get tags and take a shot. From some quick googling I'm getting the impression that there are a lot of wild Turkeys SW of Eugene in the region around the Umpqua River. Is this true? I figured Id see if there are any locals on NWFA who could steer us toward a good hunt and stay:

Can anyone recommend a motel near some good public land for us to hunt on? A general store or market near by is necessary as well, need somewhere to buy ice.

Thanks,
Dave

Does it have to be public land?
turks.jpg

Angler, I'm unsure of the nature of your post. I'd be very happy to hunt on some private land if the landowner gives me the thumbs up. I haven't hunted on anything other then on public land. The picture sure answers the question of if there are birds in the region though, thanks!

The Umpqua National Forest has lots of turkeys on it. There is a small lodge and general store, with fuel, near Dry Creek on Hwy 138 that is close to some nice gravel backroads to hunt on.

Hoping to get my first turkey this year as well. Long time target/defensive shooter but new to hunting as of last summer. So far just hogs in Texas and Florida and a decent whitetail. Hoping for turkey and elk this year.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top