JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Yesterday I went to a buddies place to plink for a few hours and they had a P365. We probably put 200 rounds through it, as a group and it's his wife's carry gun. No malfunctions and I was very impressed by it's accuracy and shootability. Great little package.

I REALLY want to like the 365. The size and everything is just about perfect.

That being said, I haven't bought one.

Hi OP,

I bought one on Sat with an extra 12rd mag and shot it yesterday with my buddy. Here's the performance report for me:
  • I had one failure to lock back on empty mag with the smallest magazine (no pinky extension). Shooting PMC 115gr. This could have been my grip though engaging the slide stop/release.
My buddy, who's a pretty decent pistol shooter had the following issues:
  • Failure to go into battery 2-3x with the smallest magazine. Both with the PMC 115 and Winchester Whitebox 124gr.
  • 1 Light primer strike
I shot 3 mags of Tula steel case and had no issues.

The accuracy was great and I liked the feel of the gun, but I need to personally run a couple hundred more rounds through it before it enters the rotation and I'm confident with it.

I bought it to replace a G19 in the summer months, but I may end up going back and getting a G43X. I got this over the Glock simply for the sights figuring that would more than make up for the $50 difference.

Edit: Just FYI I shot it out of the box as is. I field stripped it to make sure things were oiled and put it back together. I'll get a complete clean up before the next outing. I put maybe 75 rounds down altogether.

Last Edited:
Yep, got mine for summer to let my G19 have the summer off then all the bad news started to happen so I bought a G26 that's become my main EDC. However with 700 trouble free rounds through my P365 it'll get into the rotation slowly.
Good luck with yours as they seem to have so much going for themselves IMO.

Yep, got mine for summer to let my G19 have the summer off then all the bad news started to happen so I bought a G26 that's become my main EDC. However with 700 trouble free rounds through my P365 it'll get into the rotation slowly.
Good luck with yours as they seem to have so much going for themselves IMO.

Thanks, hoping to run a couple hundred more rounds through it over the next few days. If I don't have any issues I think I'll be confident enough to carry it, but I haven't bought a holster for it yet!

I was just texting with my buddy about this the other day, I kind of had the exact same thoughts.

He bought a 365 a few weeks ago after his parents both bought one for themselves. I had heard of it of course but never held one, when he brought it over I was pretty jealous.

I love my XDS, I'm a Springfield fan (yep, even after their screw up), but putting it next to that Sig and seeing the size difference and how many more rounds he had made me take notice for sure.

It's from a great gun manufacturer and I have no doubt the over whelming majority of them in people's hands are functioning flawlessly, but the problems that some people are bringing up and experiencing are the scary ones. Stovepiping and failure to feed type stuff is a problem if a gun does it but those issues can mean so many things, but the broken firing pin and broken trigger spring stories that are out there seem like one of those stress related failures that is inherent due to a design ussue, whatever that is.

I'll probably end up getting one (anybody want to buy an XDS? :) ), but I do admit the things I've heard, read, and seen on YouTube made me think about it and give it some time to hear what other people say. Good to read so many positive reports.

I was just texting with my buddy about this the other day, I kind of had the exact same thoughts.

He bought a 365 a few weeks ago after his parents both bought one for themselves. I had heard of it of course but never held one, when he brought it over I was pretty jealous.

I love my XDS, I'm a Springfield fan (yep, even after their screw up), but putting it next to that Sig and seeing the size difference and how many more rounds he had made me take notice for sure.

It's from a great gun manufacturer and I have no doubt the over whelming majority of them in people's hands are functioning flawlessly, but the problems that some people are bringing up and experiencing are the scary ones. Stovepiping and failure to feed type stuff is a problem if a gun does it but those issues can mean so many things, but the broken firing pin and broken trigger spring stories that are out there seem like one of those stress related failures that is inherent due to a design ussue, whatever that is.

I'll probably end up getting one (anybody want to buy an XDS? :) ), but I do admit the things I've heard, read, and seen on YouTube made me think about it and give it some time to hear what other people say. Good to read so many positive reports.

Haha I have an XDs in 45 that I stupidly sent back for the recall. The trigger was way better beforehand!!

Haha I have an XDs in 45 that I stupidly sent back for the recall. The trigger was way better beforehand!!

Mine was after the recall and came from the factory with a crap trigger. Eh, it's not horrible, but it's my least favorite trigger on all my Springfields for sure. I just always wrote it off to being a smaller gun and that's how the trigger was, but seems their fix for the recall issue was to crank down the springs and pour sand in it? ;)

It depends on the date when it was made, which is on the sticker on the side of the original plastic case. If you don't have the original case you can contact SIG and they should be able to tell you. It was the earlier ones that had problems. According to the guys in the SIG Talk forum those made after June 2018 have all of the fixes and improvements P365 build date questions - SIG Talk

Got my P365 last May. But it was just a couple of weeks ago that I finally got to fire it for the first time. Only put 20 rounds thru it, but it feels good. My shooting is super rusty, stayed away from the range for too long. But as soon as the snow clears up a little more where I live, I'm going to go put a couple hundred rounds through it and get back in the swing of shooting. I've got a holster and everything, but between not having shot it and not feeling confident with my shooting ability after a long break, I haven't carried it much more than around the property. But it sure feels better to carry than my Ruger SR9! Once I get that done, baring any issues, my P365 will be my EDC.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top