JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've owned a Sig P365 for 6-7 months and have about 700 rounds through it and haven't had 1 failure during this entire time, Its accurate, feels great in the hand and love it's size as it's easy to conceal. That said with all the You Tube and internet posts showing failures I can't seem to get over the mental (Trust) hump and make it my EDC.

Is anyone else in this boat? What did you do to resolve it? Sell, replace parts...I'm all ears.

I've owned a Sig P365 for 6-7 months and have about 700 rounds through it and haven't had 1 failure during this entire time, Its accurate, feels great in the hand and love it's size as it's easy to conceal. That said with all the You Tube and internet posts showing failures I can't seem to get over the mental (Trust) hump and make it my EDC.

Is anyone else in this boat? What did you do to resolve it? Sell, replace parts...I'm all ears.

If mine was working? I would not give much if any credence to the rest. I have been a BIG fan of the 1911 all my life. Could not even begin to make a wild guess how many stories I have heard about failures with these.
I have been real big on Kel-Tec ever since they hit the market with the P-32. Later bought a P-11 another P-32, then a P3.All of these never failed. Still have the P-11 and one of the P-32. Want to take a wild guess how many stories there are on the net about these? My answer has always been when someone gets a "problem" no matter the make, they are of course going to be the loudest voice. The thousands of people who have one that works are not daily telling everyone.
No doubt the factory has let out some problems. Sucks if you happen to get one. Hopefully they will make it right.

It is my EDC. have a couple K through mine. One failure to go into battery, on a cheapy bit of Tula steel case, that had a steel spur on the case I initially didn't notice when loading the mag.

I don't own a P365.......yet, and I'm not allowing all the negativity play into my decision. The only reason I've held out so long is my P938 Scorpion. I can't believe just how incredibly accurate this "micro" pistol is even at a good distance. An absolute tack driver by definition. I tend shoot my P938 a tad better than my P229 Legion. I can see a P365 for my wife replacing her P238. I would like her to have a tad more power while home alone.

re: "Is anyone else in this boat? What did you do to resolve it? Sell, replace parts...I'm all ears."

Mine has right at 1000 rounds down range with exactly ~zero~ issues described in noisome details by those failing to perform to spec.

I'm a late convert to Sig over the last decade, yet as a group my own personal models of their product line have given less mean-time-between-failures than any other marque I've favored. They give 'target accuracy' rather than 'combat accuracy'; and none of them has ever failed to function on the firing line.

Chicken Little may be right, and Yellowstone WILL blow some day.

So far, not today. If my so-far-trustworthy P365 somehow fails, it will be posted for all to see.

I do not own a SIG P365 , nor have any experience with them..
So take the following with a large salt shaker...:D

It has been mentioned that the firearm has around 700 odd rounds through it with no failures and its been accurate , easy to carry , etc...then if you like it , I'd carry it as a EDC.

If I took all the horror stories to heart of:
How flintlocks aren't reliable in the rain...
"Primitive iron sights" are worthless...
Hunting with a traditional muzzleloader is no longer a viable method of hunting...
Muzzleloading guns aren't accurate....
Etc...

I would have never found out that I really enjoy and can use a muzzleloader for all of those things and more.

How the gun works for you in your situation , is far more important that what anyone else says or reports.
Andy

If I took all the horror stories to heart of:
How flintlocks aren't reliable in the rain...
"Primitive iron sights" are worthless...
Hunting with a traditional muzzleloader is no longer a viable method of hunting...
Muzzleloading guns aren't accurate....
Etc...

I would have never found out that I really enjoy and can use a muzzleloader for all of those things and more.
Excellent points good Sir.

2-3 types of ball and 2 types of hallow point, which would be a representation I've what I'd run through it. SO i'd have to say yes to that.

Then carry with confidence would be my advice. IMHO it doesn't matter how many rounds we put through our EDC there is always a chance that something can happen when you need it most. That is why we train for that moment and hopefully know how to handle it when it comes.

there is always a chance that something can happen when you need it most. That is why we train for that moment and hopefully know how to handle it when it comes.

This is of far more importance to consider , than the countless :
What gun...
What caliber...
What bullet...
Discussions that often occur.

It is better to be proficient in all matters with a firearm that you know , even if it is someones "sub-standard" gun , than to be equipped with the best reviewed firearm , that you really don't know , when the chips are down.
Andy

The SKS, everyone raise their hands who thinks they are prone to slam fires ?
Owned many even old rusted ones. Not one slam fire.
Its probably been said but some fire arms are just way more picky about being cleaned and lubed properly.
When family friends have asked me to look at their firearms, its always attributed to care. May not be the case here, but might just be a picky firearms that likes being clean, and maybe reports are from those whom neglect them??

Have you ran every type of ammo through it with no problems?

My own ammo function-tests have included factory fresh & reloads of obth commercial & individual sources. RNL both uncoated and 2 different poly coated; FMJ, plated, and SIG factory HP defensive & practice rounds; 115/124/148gr.

All have performed without flaw. I prefer the 115 Blazer for plinking, while the most accurate remain the Sig defensive 124 box.

In both the poly-coated reloads I did not like the small-yet-annoying hint of plastic smell. They DO leave the barrel very clean though compared to normal RNL.

I think your a smart man brother and if you truly didn't trust it you would have put it up for sale or turned into a truck gun already.
Well, I'm smart enough to listen to those wiser than myself. That said, you're likely right, I really wanted the P365 to work for me as it "Checks all the boxes" as an EDC for me. I guess I just needed a little push to get over the mental hump I created and I thank you all for sharing your thoughts and experiences.

Keep in mind, what I am about to say has nothing to do about the P365. I have no experience at all with the gun. Never even held one.

First, I would educate myself of the common issues of the gun. Are they issues that can be fixed with new parts or are they stress related? Any gun that is prone to stress failures is scary to me. An example is one truck might have a common problem with a sensor that can be fixed with an updated part. Another truck has the propensity to have catastrophic transmission failures. You'd be surprised how much brand loyalty makes people buy vehicles that are known dumpster fires.

I get what people are saying about not giving too much credence to the naysayers. At the same time, don't be stubborn. I want to use what's known to be reliable and have a low cost of operation. Sometimes it makes for boring stuff. But, boring is good when it comes to something you depend on whether it be a gun or car.

(I carry Glocks, Sigs, M&Ps, and drive Toyotas and Hondas)

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top