JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Everything I'd read was that these cases are not reloadable and is part of the reason for the design. That way others can't pick up used cases to reload and use against our guys.
They are lighter. They do keep a lot of heat out of the chamber. They can hold a lot of pressure and can be shaped different internally vs. externally, which can actually do a better job of getting higher velocity for a given powder charge. G&A has done some reviews that are pretty interesting. It's planned to use something like this in the NGSW.

Factory big game ammo is already approaching 3.50 per rounds. I dont see any reason to reload if they can make these new rounds as precise and consistent as handloads.

Factory big game ammo is already approaching 3.50 per rounds. I dont see any reason to reload if they can make these new rounds as precise and consistent as handloads.

Availability, maybe?

Go to your favorite toy store and look for factory:

.223 75 grain ELDM (you won't find any, Hornady doesn't make it)
7mm-08 140 gr Partition or AccuBond (out of stock)
7mm-08 150 Eldx (out of stock)
7mm-08 162 Eldx (you won't find any, Hornady doesn't make it)
7mm Rem Mag (see above)
.30-06 (see above)

Give me 4 hours and I'll load more than most people shoot in a year.

Give me 4 hours and I'll load more than most people shoot in a year.
only if your already set up and experienced at handloading.

all Im saying is all other things being equal (points finger at supply chain issues...) if this new composite ammo is as precise as handloads that pretty much removes half the motivation to handload hunting rifle rounds like the 308.

only if your already set up and experienced at handloading.

all Im saying is all other things being equal (points finger at supply chain issues...) if this new composite ammo is as precise as handloads that pretty much removes half the motivation to handload hunting rifle rounds like the 308.
The best time to start reloading is 20 years ago.

The second-best time to start is today.

Sure, factory stuff is light years better than it was 20 years ago, but that's not half the motivation to handload.

However good the stuff is you can buy (or actually not, these days) I'll bet the beer money that I can do better. And more. And cheaper.

The best time to start reloading is 20 years ago.

The second-best time to start is today.

Sure, factory stuff is light years better than it was 20 years ago, but that's not half the motivation to handload.

However good the stuff is you can buy (or actually not, these days) I'll bet the beer money that I can do better. And more. And cheaper.
yeah agree, Im just referring to hunting ammo since thats what the OPs link went to. I dont see composite ammo replacing other reloading needs but its still new technology and I dont know much about composite ammo right now. I dont see myself buying any for my hunting rifle unless they used my exact projectile I want.

Unless you have a huge bank account or a member of special forces with tax payers buying ammo, you will not become a proficient skilled shooter unless you reload.

There is a reason why bench rest shooters, long range target shooters, US Marines involved in competitive shooting and accomplished pistol shooters reload. Mass produced factory ammo has more variances in quality than good reloads. The lowly 22 LR ammo proves this. 22 match shooters will attest to the variables in the different lots of ammo from the same manufacture.

Reloading allows for dialing in an accurate load which is not available with factory ammo.

If you are involved in Cowboy action shooting, reloading is a necessity.

Help me understand your statement. My hunting ammo is about as target as it gets, assuming that by target ammo you mean the most accurate rounds I can make.
when I think of target practice I think of cheaper ammo and shooting a lot of ammo in a range session thats affordable to shoot in quantity. I dont think of using accubonds or other premium hunting projectiles for general target practice. I fully understand that hunters want their hunting ammo to be as accurate as they can but I cant imagine anyone goes target shooting with hunting ammo like they do with pistol or AR15s etc. ?
The link in the OP was for composite ammo using accubonds so I think that influenced my initial impression of what these composite rounds are trying to accomplish but my mind went straight to hunting applications.

Gotta love the hype! Really! Milk is milk, yeah, you can spin it different ways but "picking up cases to use against" just doesn't fly except with unicorns.
While you're certainly entitled to your opinion, I've read this from more that one source. Since I've never been in combat I have no real experience.
Do you?
Also, some milk isn't really milk.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews