JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Looking at a possible 1st time purchase from gunbroker dot com and came across a great buy it now price on a pistol. Of course the seller just joined/made their acct 03/23/23 and has no review/rating. Pistol's buy it now price is roughly $150-$200 under what most are asking.

I know some folks sometimes just need cash fast and so have no history or rating but I also know a lot of people are deplorable scam artists looking for any fool to be had.

Is there any safety net ie the Buyer protection program? Or is it simply not worth the risk?

I assume it's the old "if it sounds to good to be true it probably isn't" but just curious if anybody here has had experience with a new account selling a pistol cheap and the transaction going well. Thanks

link?

Is this 200 off a 3K pistol?
or a 400 dollar gun for 200.

How is payment request?

Lots can be gleaned from the wording but....I ain't seeing any yet.

Don't think for a second GB is on your side......
Lots of scammers and one of the big players was from West Lynn...on the Waterfront.

link?

Is this 200 off a 3K pistol?
or a 400 dollar gun for 200.

How is payment request?

Lots can be gleaned from the wording but....I ain't seeing any yet.

Don't think for a second GB is on your side......
Lots of scammers and one of the big players was from West Lynn...on the Waterfront.
A $450 gun for $300.

I'm guessing it's not worth the gamble unless I could get seller to take gun to ffl near him to ship it and have the ffl verify the gun is legit and actually being shipped as advertised.

But that sounds like a bit much to ask, lol.

Can a new seller be an honest one? Of course.

Is this something rare or hard to find? If so, maybe it's worth the gamble.

If it's just your average current production pistol you can get anywhere, I'd say it's not worth it.

The only way I would consider this is if were a rare or hard to find pistol. But if this is just some great deal on a common pistol or gun then let someone else build up the sellers ratings and wait till they are more established.

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll just message seller and if they're willing to ship through an ffl who can verify the legitimacy of the pistol I'll snatch it up. If not I'll pass.

He's probly too much of a puss to start it at a penny.

He's starting at His low point and hoping its going to gain traction.
Actually it starts at 0.01 but has buy it now at $300. It seems like a legit post but similar auctions are seeing winning bids above $400 so seems suspect for that reason. Plus gun appears to be in good condition from pics.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews