JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
for my AR types, other than my single stage CMC i like to do my own trigger jobs with jp springs, a couple set screws, very very fine sand paper and a diamond stone.

ive shot single stage triggers my entire life.stuck in my ways. i want to maybe try a 2 stage one of these days. if i get real serious about shooting my AR10 long range maybe 2 stage is the way to go

Right now I'm running the standard LPK-provided, but planning to switch to ALG ACT's over time based on them coming highly recommended by folks I respect.

Hey, anybody got a use for surplus PSA or Anderson FCG's?

I like the triggers on my firearms! Sounds stoopid, doesn't it! It's because, with two custom rifle exceptions, all of my guns have the factory triggers in them. Now, a number of them have had trigger jobs mostly my wheel guns, but a couple of autoloaders too. The custom rifles have Timneys!

I found this article comparing drop in AR triggers interesting.

The AR-15 Drop-In Trigger Roundup - The Truth About Guns
The use of the term "drop-in" seems to be used for both cassette type and mil-spec type these days.
I wish they would use the term "cassette' to describe this type of trigger.

Of the cassette type, the only one i would entertain is the Wilson because it can self-retain its pins and they are well-made triggers.
Not a fan of having to add button heads, C-clips, E-clips or dog bones to the outside of my receiver because my trigger system can't retain its pins.

:s0159:

The use of the term "drop-in" seems to be used for both cassette type and mil-spec type these days.
I wish they would use the term "cassette' to describe this type of trigger.

Of the cassette type, the only one i would entertain is the Wilson because it can self-retain its pins and they are well-made triggers.
Not a fan of having to add button heads, C-clips, E-clips or dog bones to the outside of my receiver because my trigger system can't retain its pins.

:s0159:
I lost a trigger pin once, miraculously I found it and put it back in. Next thing you know that rifle was sporting dog bones. Most of my rifles do now, but I did get one CMC that had anti-walk pins with it so it spared the expense of dog bones

I have 4 sets of JP Enterprises triggers and hammers 3.5lbs trigger pull. They are not drop in and require fitting; worth the time to set up properly.
https://www.brownells.com/rifle-par...arts/hammers/ar-15-speed-hammer-prod7590.aspxhttps://www.brownells.com/rifle-par...d7585.aspx?avs|Manufacturer_1=J+P+ENTERPRISES
https://www.brownells.com/rifle-par...d7585.aspx?avs|Manufacturer_1=J+P+ENTERPRISES
If I use a mil-spec trigger, I use JP yellow springs and set screws under the trigger; to shorten the trigger pull. Cheap and easy.
https://www.brownells.com/rifle-par...d7582.aspx?avs|Manufacturer_1=J+P+ENTERPRISES
ALG ACT triggers are good triggers for the price. I use set screws on those, too.

Geissele for me! SSA-E in my 18", I've got one of the flat 2 stage ones in my other one. And pre-ordered one of the super 700's. I haven't had a reason to try a different brand since I've started using them

just bought LanTac ETC-1 3.5 pounds. I have on hand a Rock River two stage, Ruger 452 two stage, Tac-Con 3MR and two or three GI triggers.

Why so little love for the Velocity triggers? I went with the 3 lb. Velocity, as it was the lightest I could find without breaking the bank, and couldn't be happier. BIG difference compared to the PSA EPT I started with. It tested out a little heavier at first, but is very close to the 3 lb. mark now. Only issue was a tendency for the trigger pins to walk, but that was an easy fix. Moved some stuff around when I put another AR together, it's now in my "precision" AR, another PSA upper, but this time I went 18" Wylde chamber and free float hand rail. Off the bench, it's a sub-MOA rifle with the right ammo, although it needs a better scope. But that trigger is a big contributor to that accuracy. Later.

Dave

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top