JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You know before I got the nice triggers I used jewelry rouge and smeared it all over where the trigger and sear touch then dry fired a couple hundred times being careful to pack the rouge back when it wore off the contact point.

It was 100% better than the POS it was before. Cheap trigger. Smooth as baby bubblegum.

I have a guy that tells me he does the same thing with an eraser. Turns out they are just abrasive enough to polish the sear. The concern is that you don't want to 'polish' too much, or you'll get through the hardened surfaces on the sear. If that happens, it'll be 'OK' for a while, but pretty soon it'll pull rough and heavy. Almost impossible to do that with the eraser method.

David @ Brimstone did two of my AR triggers, and they are worth every penny. He offers an AR tuneup package, sort of a light blueprinting, and it made an amazing difference in two very inexpensive builds I threw together. Worth considering.

But, at the end of the day, I'm pretty happy with my CMC triggers. Bang for the buck (pun intended) I think they are hard to beat.

After doing some research and narrowing down the price range i found the Velocity trigger set up. It is made by one of the partners of Timiney triggers. I was planning on buying the kit from WCArmory because they have the best price of $134 with free shipping. The weird thing that was on the website was that I get a free gift with purchase. I'm unsure what any of this means and was hopeing you could help out. What are these extra items?

Includes FAST and FREE USPS Priority Shipping and your selection of one BONUS item below...
<broken link removed> FREE OPTION while supplies last
Made in USA Anti-Walk pins FREE OPTION while supplies last
Made in USA Anti-Rotate pins FREE OPTION while supplies last
<broken link removed> Lower Parts Kit, (everything but the fire control group and grip) while supplies last
<broken link removed> Lower Parts Kit, AR15, Gunbuilder's Kit (everything but the trigger and grip) while supplies last

I have Tac-Con 3MR and 241 triggers and their MSA trigger, all work good for me. I have a Ruger MSR 452 trigger that comes in a plastic housing so you can dry fire it to your hearts content, I have two of them, one installed in a DDM4 and the other unemployed for the moment. The Ruger is a two stage trigger well suited as a match trigger. The housing also allows you to train others on trigger reset. I have my old housing now occupied by a Mil-spec trigger that had been in the Daniels Defense. Easy to show the differences between a two stage and single stage trigger when you have both side by side. I also have a uninstalled Rock River 2 stage match trigger. I bought a cheap Stoner trigger and yet it works well. I have a flat shoe 4.5# CMC and a curved 3.5# LanTac/CMC, they are great. I do have one Geisselle, but have never fired it.

I like the Ruger for a two-stage and CMC for single stage, I think they are good values.

Tell ya what, the more I cycle magazines through my Rock River Arms 2 stage trigger, the crisper and lighter it feels. As Out of the package virgin trigger it performed and felt great, but it keeps improving the more it's used!

Old thread, but on my 10.5" AR pistol I am sporting an ALG ACT trigger with the JPS3.5T springs installed.

My long (ish) range AR has a Velocity 3.5 drop in trigger.

Both are smooth... I hate scratchy triggers!!!

Tell ya what, the more I cycle magazines through my Rock River Arms 2 stage trigger, the crisper and lighter it feels. As Out of the package virgin trigger it performed and felt great, but it keeps improving the more it's used!

It would have been even better if you would have polished it a bit in the beginning and put a dab of Geissele lube on it.... That's what I had to do to my new RRA 2 stage match triggers. They work great after that treatment...

CMC flat 3.5 because its single stage, crisp and fast

RNibFaY.jpg

My favorites go as follows:

1. Noveske with Geiselle 2 stage match SSA-E
2. Stag 6hl with RRA 2 stage national match
3. Spikes tactical with RRA 2 stage varmint

My dad seems to like his CMC single stage pictured above...

Last Edited:
I do have a new spare RRA 2 Stage on hand, as well as the Ruger 452 2 Stage, Tac-Con 3MR and Single Stage MSR, I need to assemble two new lowers, I expect the RRA will go in one. I think I paid less than $70 for the RRA three plus years ago.

For the price (when they are on sale), the RRA 2 stage is hard to beat. Like I said earlier, sometimes you have to lightly polish them to make them shine....;)

DSC03373.jpg
Davis Triggers.
Set or unset , they have a nice clean and crisp pull.
The screw adjustment is easy to use and stays in place.
Trigger pull can adjusted to pounds or ounces...plus you can fire the rifle with the triggers set or unset.
Andy

Ill be sticking to the all act trigger for the foreseeable future with ar15's.

1/3 (or less) than the price of a geissele trigger. And plenty smooth even with only a few hundred rounds through the rifle.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top