JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I went shooting this morning and had a couple of "delayed" fires. Pull the trigger and a couple of a hundredths later, bang! Is this an ammo issue or an issue with my $200.00 trigger? I've got a couple hundred rounds on this trigger and it is sweet, except for this issue. Thanks a ton!

Could be either one.

Something could be holding up the trigger/hammer/striker.

Or it could be a delay in the primer going off.

If there was a delay between the click and boom and I was getting good firing pin indents, I would lean towards an ammo problem. Is this reloads?

If it is an ammo problem it could be bad primers, the wrong type of powder, too much case capacity for the powder or using standard primers in hard to ignite powders. I have experienced delayed ignition with a couple of those potential problems.

First, when you experience a "hang fire" make sure that you keep your muzzle pointed down range for a few seconds before you eject the round. Chances are that your hang fires are occurring due to either bad primers, or primers that have not been seated correctly. Have you been using the same ammo all along? As suggested, switch ammo and see if this problem goes away.

First, when you experience a "hang fire" make sure that you keep your muzzle pointed down range for a few seconds before you eject the round. Chances are that your hang fires are occurring due to either bad primers, or primers that have not been seated correctly. Have you been using the same ammo all along? As suggested, switch ammo and see if this problem goes away.
OP is not experiencing such.

My stuff never gets dirty, at least it doesn't stay dirty! Thank you all for the suggestions.
I've known some guys that keep their guns extremely clean, yet they never completely tear them down and clean areas like the firing pin channel. Had a shooting buddy having all sorts of fail to fires, took apart his Glock, clean. Stripped the upper, years of gunk and oils/solvents built up in the firing pin channel. Fired like new after cleared out. He said, he never thought to clean that!

Not saying this is you, just that it happens.

Likely, it's your ammo, but who knows!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top