JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am a member of Tri-County, I have my Action Range and Action Rifle Range qual and looking for some folks that would like to shoot together. Most of my buddy's have basic memberships and honestly, I need some friends that I don't have to babysit on those ranges.
How do you sign up for the action rifle? I have pistol and practical rifle cert. I don't see anything for action rifle anymore on the website.

Bummer I missed out on Speed Steel, I'll try to make the next one. How about Practical Rifle? Are those monthly too? Whats the run down of that match?
they try to do a theme through out the year. A match every month. Some matches they will add in other weapons like multi gun, or a knife. Once year in the winter time they put on a night match. In the summer they put on a rifle match for guns older them 1947. You get put in a drawing if you have a old enough rifle. There's a orientation you have to do before you can shoot one of these matches.

So thanks to all that have answered this posting for what the posting was for, and that is to find folks to shoot with, not to bash my gun club. I understand a few of you don't believe in the rules, and I respect that, but it was completely off topic. I don't understand how the "open carry" discussion got so far in the first place but please, come shoot with me as the post was meant to do, not give reasons why you hate TCGC

I am a member of Tri-County, I have my Action Range and Action Rifle Range qual and looking for some folks that would like to shoot together. Most of my buddy's have basic memberships and honestly, I need some friends that I don't have to babysit on those ranges.
I have weekends off. Would be down with working on some action shooting some time.

So I got in the invite, but slots filled and I'm back on the wait list :mad:

As far as practical rifle, are there any restrictions on ammunition? Would Wolf WPA 223 work fine?

So I got in the invite, but slots filled and I'm back on the wait list :mad:

As far as practical rifle, are there any restrictions on ammunition? Would Wolf WPA 223 work fine?

Going through my invite email, it states that if they reach capacity by the time you respond, they'll notify you and give you priority to attend the next month's sessions. Hopefully that holds true for you. It's kind of a hassle to get through the whole membership process, but it's worth it.

As far as ammo goes, there are a couple mentions in the General Rules Of Conduct section of the rule book. They are as follows:

#17 The following types of ammunition cannot be used at any time on any range: .50 BMG, Simunition, incendiary, paintball, airsoft plastic pellets, or any projectile containing an explosive charge, or any other type of ammunition which may reasonably be expected to damage berms, backstops, or other Club property.

#25 Do not use ammunition that are marked "Armor Piercing", attract a magnet or have a tungsten core on any steel targets on any range.

Hope this helps. ;)

Did you get your cert?

Well I was hoping to get in the June 11 class but got an email (7 days ago) from Calli stating she needed payment by the end of the day or I would be removed from the list and have to re-apply.

That's what I get for not checking my email in a timely matter! In my defense though, I rarely check my gmail account and that is the one I have to use for TCGC.:rolleyes:

I asked if the June 11 class was full already and if it was, then sign me up for July 10 class.
This waiting is killing me though! Oh well, it is what it is....:(

BTW-this is for the cert. Already passed the fundamentals class. :)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top