JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I am a member of Tri-County, I have my Action Range and Action Rifle Range qual and looking for some folks that would like to shoot together. Most of my buddy's have basic memberships and honestly, I need some friends that I don't have to babysit on those ranges.

To be honest, I don't recall. It seems like it was way than year ago.
I know that I applied like 3 times total though. As there is no way to know where you are in line, after a long wait after the initial one, I just applied again, just incase they didn't have a record.
Then I forgot about it till I was cruising the forums and saw mention it was down to a few months. So I applied again back in December and got a reply in February of this year.

I've been a member a Johnson Creek for a year now (just did my annual renewal for this year) and kind of lost track of things over at Tri-County. At any rate the wait is over. lol

I think I waited 4 months for the action range class. There was a back log because they had revamped the safety program. A friend who joined TCGC a month ago is scheduled to take
the AR certification class next week. People suggest that you sign up for the certification as
soon as you become a member.

Man, I became a member when it was the ole "come on in on the orientation Saturday". Five of us joined, no real orientation, just paid and went through a safety presentation, by 2 I was on the trap range!! Things have changed, it was funny, I had to wait for a action range cert class to fill, not because it was booked up lol

My email from TCGC did not go to my Spam or Junk folder, but it was mixed in with a lot of other stuff since I hadn't cleaned up my inbox in a while. You can do a search for TCGC in your mail box to see if you may have missed it. I was surprised when I got mine, I assumed my invite had made it to my spam and gotten deleted when I cleared that folder. I read that they only send invites once, and if you submit multiple requests they just ignore the dupes and don't send one at all, that must be incorrect according to the post from @spookshack above. Glad there will be some other NWFA members there, I look forward to meeting all of you!

Members and non-members alike, this Sunday is the monthly Speed Steel match. Open to all.
A great way to spend a Sunday morning, meet new friends, get a feel for the club, and for those looking to get Action Range-certified, get a qualifying match under your belt.
Show up about 8:30, safety talk at 9, start shooting 9:15 or so, done around 1:00.
Bring $12, ears and eyes, and an appropriate gun (pistol-caliber center fire handguns or carbines, or .22's), 5 mags, and enough ammo (250 rifle, 300 handgun).
Good times

To be honest, I don't recall. It seems like it was way than year ago.
I know that I applied like 3 times total though. As there is no way to know where you are in line, after a long wait after the initial one, I just applied again, just incase they didn't have a record.
Then I forgot about it till I was cruising the forums and saw mention it was down to a few months. So I applied again back in December and got a reply in February of this year.

I've been a member a Johnson Creek for a year now (just did my annual renewal for this year) and kind of lost track of things over at Tri-County. At any rate the wait is over. lol

I was a member at Johnson Creek for two years (didn't renew for 2016) but their requirement of only shoot a target at 50 ft is ridiculous. The projectile is just going through paper and will still hit the backstop anyway. I know - it's their rules & if I want to play I have to abide by them but I decided it wasn't worth the hassle.

I applied at Tri County (10 minutes away) in late 2013 & was told I was #2000 in line. About 18 months later I emailed & asked where I was - up to 600+. About 5 months later I got an invitation & really began looking at what they offered. No indoor range larger than .22 so I passed. When the weather is good I can shoot for free on either of two private ranges a friend owns.

I was at Rich's in Dec & they have an indoor range. I hadn't been there for about two years so I don't know when it was added but at $15/hr it's not a bad price. They don't charge extra if you bring your own ammo like the crooks in Clackamas but Rich's doesn't allow reloads. I forgot to ask about factory reloads (LAX. etc) but what knocked me over backwards are their annual dues. The least expensive single membership is $600 and that only reduces your hourly rate - not eliminate it. When I lived in CT my son belonged to the oldest gun club in the US - the Hartford Gun Club - and dues were $500/year. That includes skeet & trap, long range rifle & indoor & outdoor ranges that allow .22 & up. The place looked like a country club with full time maintenance & gardeners. $500 a year for a place like is understandable.

Last June Douglas Ridge held an open house. I was interested in the rifle range so I drove back to the range & saw two guys wearing safety vests - RO's I guessed. I was open carrying & as soon as I got about 20 feet away one of them asked if I was a member. I told them I was there for the open house & was considering applying and one of the RO's said. "We don't allow open carry on the premises." I think my jaw hit the ground & after I picked it up I said, "This is a gun range & you don't allow open carry?" The guy said, "Correct. It might make some people nervous." At that point I untucked my shirt & covered my gun & said, "Well now it's concealed." I asked about prices & after this, that, & initiation I lost track around $600. While I stood there trying to catch my breath & process the political correctness of a gun range I received a text saying a close friend in CA had just passed away. I just got in my car & left, baffled by the "make people nervous" comment. It's a GUN RANGE and one I'll never recommend & will always hold in contempt.

I was at the Tri County orientation tonight, and according to the guy giving the presentation, no open carry there either. I don't understand, but I assume there must be some history behind that decision. It's not a big enough deal for me to not join. I would prefer open carry.

Looking forward to breaking in my AR soon, and shooting some .22 indoors... 24 hours a day! That's awesome.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top