JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I'm moving from WA to MN and sent form 5320.20 to the ATF over a month in advance. I did it by email with a scanned 5320.20 attached. No reply after three weeks, so I sent in a hard copy several weeks prior to the move. I got the approval forwarded to me by USPS a week after I moved. I left the SBR's in WA in a safe.

How far in advance is the ATF expecting a person to send in the form? I recall reading that I should allow two weeks for approval, but I don't remember where I read this.

I'm going to try again next year; submitting several months in advance.

Ranb

I submit mine as soon as I had an address locked in. Took them about a month if I recall but 6 weeks wouldn't be unheard of.

Like @Stomper said - your time don't mean crap to the ATF.

Decades ago I'd would see posts on other forums about how some owners treated the form like a "heads up to the ATF" that they were moving their NFA firearms across state lines. They faxed a form to the ATF then forgot about it and just flew or drove.

Decades ago I'd would see posts on other forums about how some owners treated the form like a "heads up to the ATF" that they were moving their NFA firearms across state lines. They faxed a form to the ATF then forgot about it and just flew or drove.
Yeah well, they are going to approve it and no one that I know of has ever been prosecuted for interstate travel after filing for a 5320.20. Pay your money and take your chances. Risk to benefit sort of thing.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top