Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Transfer fees from Kieths and Gun Broker

Discussion in 'Business Discussion & Reviews' started by treemanx, May 2, 2009.

1. treemanx

treemanx Spray, Or. Active Member

Hey, just wanted to list current transfer pricing for anyone who may be looking or wondering for Kieths Sporting Goods and The Gun Broker.

Kieths Sporting Goods: gun value under $1000.00-Transfer Fee=$35.00+$10.00 background check. Gun value between $1000.00&$2000.00-Transfer Fee=$50.00+$10.00 background check.

The Gun Broker: All transfers: $50.00+$10.00 background check.

NW Armory:Transfer $45.00- ? background check included?

The Security Store:Transfer $35.00+$10.00 background check

Wild Bills: Transfer $35.00+$10.00 background check

Fort Moe: Transfer $25.00+ $10.00 background check

ABG/CORVALLISGUNS Transfer- 35.00 total

99 Pawn and Gun - Milwaukee on 99 $15 transfer, $10 background check until June 1. Then it will be $20 transfer, $10 background.

Total Discount Sports $15 for transfer + $10 for state

Will add more as they come in.

Last edited: May 27, 2009
  2. coctailer

coctailer Portland, OR/Hastings, MI/Vancouver,WA I run with scissors.

NW Armory is $45 (I can't remember if it includes BG check or not)
    The Security Store is $35 + $10 BG Check

3. finch6013

finch6013 Oregon City Active Member

last I knew, Wild bills in molalla was 35 + background

4. warnerwh

warnerwh Portland, OR Member

5. aslinged

aslinged Southern Oregon Well-Known Member

Go through Fort Moe. Straight shooter. Best price. I've employed his services several times in last six months. Excellent.

6. kenr74

kenr74 Oregon Active Member

I just picked up a rifle for my kids through him. Easy to work with and didn't mind all my stupid rookie questions.:thumbup:

7. treemanx

Thanks for the input guys, I had a transfer recently that I wished there was a page like this for me to reference, so figured it was a good idea to post all in one place. (Thanks for the suggestion coctailer)

This list is a living thing, so pricing may change, mainly just for reference.

Keep em comin guys!

8. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Another vote for FortMoe, great guy to deal with ;)

9. thelendog

thelendog Milwaukie Member

Yup, Moe is where it's at! I was picking up a new revolver when kenr74 was there. He answered all this NFA rookie's questions too.

10. treemanx

Just added new transfer info for ABG/CORVALLISGUNS.

11. bnr32gtr

bnr32gtr Vancouver, WA Member

Scott Hilmoe(Fort Moe) is my favorite in Oregon by far! I'd rather pay him than anyone else as he makes the transaction easy and painless, plus, he's a really nice guy who genuinely loves guns, and cars too!

12. treemanx

I mainly just wanted to start this thread to give people a resource if they needed to do a transfer and didnt know who charged what. But its definately also helpful to know about peoples experiences at these locations with transfers, so keep them coming.

Also, if anyone finds new shops/people with info on their transfer pricing, post in here or shoot me a pm and Ill add them to the list. Thanks, --tree

13. jcs3

jcs3 Vancouver, WA Member

$15 transfer, $10 background check until June 1.
    Then it will be $20 transfer, $10 background.

14. orchemo

orchemo Portland Active Member

Nice guy. Good prices. I think $15 for transfer + $10 for state
    Eric

15. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

I once asked them about a gun they had listed on Auction arms. It was the price of the gun, +$50 (for what? a gun they have in the store and don't have to transfer?) and THEN the $10 background check. Hmmmm...

16. treemanx

It may have a gun that was on consignment, or maybe one of the people that worked at the stores private gun. Dont know....NW Armory has always been awesome for me. Wish they were a little closer to me.

17. orygun

orygun West Linn Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

No, that doesn't make any sense. If I had a FFL and had them ship it to me, there would have been shipping fees for less than that $50, no background check fee, and the purchase price would have been solid. Basically it was the difference between selling it to a dealer compared to a retail customer. I've bought at least two guns from them in the past (neither one a cheap purchase), and would consider buying from them again, even on an auction but I have to consider the total cost of the firearm. I've stopped a few times in the past year to look. I don't waste their time with BS questions, just haven't seen anything that lit my fire. If I was to use them for a transfer, I think I'd want their "service" charge in writing. That's all I'm suggesting.

18. CastleFox

CastleFox Gone New Member

Thanks for all the info. Saves me a lot of head Ache!

19. willamette valleyfirearms

willamette valleyfirearms hillsboro oregon Member

we are 35.00 plus 10.00 back ground but 99% of the time i can get the gun for you for way less considering your paying shipping plus transfer fee plus if your paying credit card theres a fee for that ,i try to order in bulk so theres very little shipping per gun .www.willamettevalleyfirearms.com or call at 503-846-1383 let us help you shoot for less!!!

20. adipose

adipose Warren Member

Help me out here.

I have purchased firearms from Gun Broker and other various places:

I pay the cost of a firearm

Then a Shipping fee

Then it is shipped to the FFL in the info that was provided

When it arrives at their place, I pick it up and pay 10.00 for background check

Sometimes they charge me a fee between 10 to 15 dollars, for doing this (If it is a place that i give a lot of business to, sometimes they void the fee)

WOULD THE LAST STATEMENT BE CONSIDED THE TRANSFER FEE?

If it is, why would someone pay 50.00?