JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hello, I was in a collision yesterday and I am interested in getting a consultation from a lawyer on my situation and was wondering if there are any in this community that might be interested. Nobody was hurt but the vehicles are not good and I need some advice. Thanks ahead of time!

Hello, I was in a collision yesterday and I am interested in getting a consultation from a lawyer on my situation and was wondering if there are any in this community that might be interested. Nobody was hurt but the vehicles are not good and I need some advice. Thanks ahead of time!
You don't have insurance?

Who caused the accident? Did the police come? Did anyone get a ticket? What state do you live in? Is it a no-fault insurance state?

You don't have insurance?
Yes, probably both of us do including USCCA. I'm not experienced in this and there's a little more. My claim was filed today and expect to hear from them tomorrow.

It was a road rage lunatic that stomped on the gas from a stopped position just to cut me off and hit me. That was after several other moments doing similar things. Really unhinged and aggressive.

Yes, probably both of us do including USCCA. I'm not experienced in this and there's a little more. My claim was filed today and expect to hear from them tomorrow.

It was a road rage lunatic that stomped on the gas from a stopped position just to cut me off and hit me. That was after several other moments doing similar things. Really unhinged and aggressive.
Hm, sounds criminal.. any police report saying as much?

She claimed it was my fault and apparently she got a witness to agree with her so here we are. I don't believe the witness saw anything except the ending so not sure what to think. I think the physical evidence will show more.

No dashcam and didn't see cameras. Possible but didn't think so. Probably getting cameras on next vehicle. Friend works in the insurance industry and says insurance usually sides with the person that has a camera. Something to think about.

That's what insurance is for.
No it's not, Wife was hit last September and not at fault, The car that hit her fully admitted fault right up front and we got jacked around for THREE MONTHS to get basically front and rear bumper covers repainted, haggled over saving $20 and put on an after market chrome strip that doesn't quite terminate right at the ends, tried to hose me out of the rental car. USAA is SATAN, i had to have my car checked out by there shop first (Caliber Collission) HORRIBLE PEOPLE. mine is Progressive and refused to help me at all unless I paid $1,000 deductable up front and no guarantee I would get it back. Again, we were not at fault,

I hit a deer in my van on the 4th of july and Progressive sent me a letter that they are "Investigating my claim" been with them since 2009 with no accidents and no tickets.

I pick up the van finally tomorrow and them and my Insurance broker are fired.

The days of call your insurance and get a check are long gone.

That cheap insurance is great as long as you don't ever need to use it.

No it's not, Wife was hit last September and not at fault, The car that hit her fully admitted fault right up front and we got jacked around for THREE MONTHS to get basically front and rear bumper covers repainted, haggled over saving $20 and put on an after market chrome strip that doesn't quite terminate right at the ends, tried to hose me out of the rental car. USAA is SATAN, i had to have my car checked out by there shop first (Caliber Collission) HORRIBLE PEOPLE. mine is Progressive and refused to help me at all unless I paid $1,000 deductable up front and no guarantee I would get it back. Again, we were not at fault,

I hit a deer in my van on the 4th of july and Progressive sent me a letter that they are "Investigating my claim" been with them since 2009 with no accidents and no tickets.

I pick up the van finally tomorrow and them and my Insurance broker are fired.

The days of call your insurance and get a check are long gone.

That cheap insurance is great as long as you don't ever need to use it.
Ouch, really hoping for better results. Cars are screwed and not cheap to fix.

Dang glock, best of luck. many many years ago, i had a lady come across 3 lanes of a 1 way street, to make a left turn as we were in the far left lane of the one way street ( 3 lanes) and she hit the front of our car. she was high, the police wouldnt come unless someone was injured, she admitted fault, but later told her insurance --no, they decided it was a no fault accident. really pizzed me off. now i use a dash cam at all times.

Dang glock, best of luck. many many years ago, i had a lady come across 3 lanes of a 1 way street, to make a left turn as we were in the far left lane of the one way street ( 3 lanes) and she hit the front of our car. she was high, the police wouldnt come unless someone was injured, she admitted fault, but later told her insurance --no, they decided it was a no fault accident. really pizzed me off. now i use a dash cam at all times.
Thanks. Honestly expecting getting shafted a little at the least. Know more by tomorrow night.

How did the other driver cut you off? If she cut in front of you and you hit her in the rear (of the car that is) you are screwed. The presumption of fault always falls on the person behind. You are supposed to maintain enough distance from the car in front of you to be able to stop safely, taking into consideration speed and road conditions. If you rear-ended her, suck it up buttercup. You pay.

Hopefully you have collision coverage (to pay for your car) as well as liability to pay for hers. Look for your insurance premiums to increase considerably.

How did the other driver cut you off? If she cut in front of you and you hit her in the rear (of the car that is) you are screwed. The presumption of fault always falls on the person behind. You are supposed to maintain enough distance from the car in front of you to be able to stop safely, taking into consideration speed and road conditions. If you rear-ended her, suck it up buttercup. You pay.

Hopefully you have collision coverage (to pay for your car) as well as liability to pay for hers. Look for your insurance premiums to increase considerably.
This is one of the times having dash cam can save someone a LOT of money. it did used to be common that if you hit someone from behind you were judged at fault. Many who did this "claimed" the car they hit did something to cause this they could not possibly avoid. Problem was it was he said she said. If its on video and the other driver really did something reckless? Now its no longer so cut and dried that the one who hit them is at fault. The cams are super cheap now days. Everyone should have at least one per vehicle.

This is one of the times having dash cam can save someone a LOT of money. it did used to be common that if you hit someone from behind you were judged at fault. Many who did this "claimed" the car they hit did something to cause this they could not possibly avoid. Problem was it was he said she said. If its on video and the other driver really did something reckless? Now its no longer so cut and dried that the one who hit them is at fault. The cams are super cheap now days. Everyone should have at least one per vehicle.
No cam. Other driver has a cooperating witness. He says cops came but doesn't mention whether either driver was cited. Lacking the police having cited the other driver, I'd say he's screwed. That is assuming he rear-ended her. He's not super specific about how it happened, but it sounds like she may have cut in front of him.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top