JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Anyone have some feedback on the traditions singal action army revolver in 357 and 38 ... And thinking about buying one this weekend but havent herd much or seen much feedback on these guns .. I know they are only 400 bucks new and that they are fixed sights ... Anyone have one of these?

I have seen them at my favorite gun store and handled them there as well.
The fit and finish looked good ..they appeared to be well made.
As mentioned by Medic . they do have a transfer safety bar , which is great for those that like that..and Meh for those like me , who think otherwise.

Pietta makes these revolvers and I have seen and shot plenty of their cap and ball "replica" revolvers...
Pietta makes a good gun in these and I would expect the same with their SAA "replica".
I use the word replica in quotes , because none of these are not exact copies of any gun.
Andy

I would say try to find a Colt if you have the dough.
You'll make your money back. And then some, when you sell.

But there hard to find right now.

Too bad USFA doesn't still make there $500 SAA clone. They were up there with the colts.

take plenty of ammo along because it's easy to run out....
the SAA clones are easy to learn to shoot well, and they can accommodate a wide range of recipes should you do your own reloading;

I'm not familiar with the marque you mention, but of the many I've shot over the years, all were enjoyable and all proved to be worth my purchase.

In the 90s I was initially suspicious of the Italian clones, but they performed well in cowboy matches regardless of brand.

Just got done cranking out 200 38sp and 100 357mag for tomorrow ...308 and 9mm too ... I did fill like 10 357mag cases with 777 bp tho to see how she gose ... But i need more brass lol

567660933.jpg

Good looking revolver.
In regards to 777 or any other black powder substitute* , in my experience with them , they are far more corrosive than their marketing claims and worse than black powder in being corrosive as well.
Andy
*Pyrodex , in its various forms...
Clear shot
Black magic 3
Blackhorn 209
Black MZ...to be fair..this one actually works okay in flintlocks...

I am sure that there are more out there...but , to me black powder is the best.
Andy

Well the ones i did shoot with black power only burned like a quarter of the charge. So that was a wast...
But on another note i must be getting better at reloading cuz i only had one dud outta the 150 or so reloads i shot today.
Now onto the gun... It shot the 38sp better then the 357 but that could had just been me. But the ejcector rod needs to be a bubblegum hair longer but many they are desiged that way Idk ... The gun shot as well as i can shot a pistol tho and had good primer strikes.

All in all i would buy this pistol again in a heart beat if i could find one in 44 mag or 45lc ...

But does anyone know a good smoky powder thats not granual

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR