JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Do you hand make brier pipes? I'd love to see some pics if you want to share.

I do, Here is a teaser!

275d764273160640a61787602b2029d4--tobacco-smoking-tobacco-pipes.jpg

I'd be open to a commercial. I'm kind of big on aesthetics, as I take great pride in owning something beautiful and functional. I always try to buy the best that I can afford as well, as the saying goes...Buy once, cry once. But, I'm not trying to pay $1000 for one either.

There are a few reasons why I am steering towards a custom. Customs are usually made by hand and given great care and attention to detail, labor of love. A lot of bowyers tend to be multi-generational and I really dig supporting the small guy. It's dying tradition and I'd like to do my small part in helping it live on. I currently do not have a budget for this, just trying to do some research and build some motivation factor. I'm thinking I would probably be in the $300-600 range.

That makes sense. I like hand-made, local, myself. In my case it was more of "maybe I'll like it and buy something better later", so I decided to spend less and make sure I was really serious before diving into a handmade model. Still not sure yet if I would go that far as I'm just not putting a lot of use into it. Still, for a commercial model, I am pleased with the quality - they use maple and fiberglass laminate on their bows and they look pretty nice - definitely not the Hi-Points of the bow world ;). Unfortunately, they're not made in the US :(. When the time comes I want a better bow, I'll certainly prefer to have something like what you're talking about.

I know there's a guy that shows up a the Clackamas County fair each year - sells long bows (I don't recall any recurves). I believe he mentioned using Yew and maybe Osage? Anyway, really nice hand made bows he had for sale there.

That makes sense. I like hand-made, local, myself. In my case it was more of "maybe I'll like it and buy something better later", so I decided to spend less and make sure I was really serious before diving into a handmade model. Still not sure yet if I would go that far as I'm just not putting a lot of use into it. Still, for a commercial model, I am pleased with the quality - they use maple and fiberglass laminate on their bows and they look pretty nice - definitely not the Hi-Points of the bow world ;). Unfortunately, they're not made in the US :(. When the time comes I want a better bow, I'll certainly prefer to have something like what you're talking about.

I know there's a guy that shows up a the Clackamas County fair each year - sells long bows (I don't recall any recurves). I believe he mentioned using Yew and maybe Osage? Anyway, really nice hand made bows he had for sale there.

I appreciate that approach for sure. It makes sense not to go all-in on something you're not 100% committed to. What brand did you choose?

Clackamas County Fair is coming up soon. I was already entertaining going to the rodeo, so a two-fer might be in order!

If you ever want to meet up and shoot some stick, let me know. DRRC has a pretty rad archery range and I've been dying to try it out.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top