JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i am usually a buyer and seller and not a trader. i am currently in contact with a person that wants to trade guns. his gun is worth more than mine. i ask him how much he wants to cover the difference and his reply was how much do you want to give. Seeing his gun is a higher value, i would think he would be the one to give a number. i of course would always just prefer a straight trade.

So this is where we are now. What would you do?

I would have already had a cash offer to make on top of the trade. I would still take him up on it and figure a cash offer to give to him. Be reasonable based on what both guns are selling for but come up with a number and get to haggling!

Last Edited:
I'd do some looking, either on gunbroker to see what bids are for the two guns, or the Blue Book to get an idea of "equal" values. Then I'd offer a little on the low side of the difference. I'd not try to lowball him, but I'd push it a little.

I once had a gun on here for sale, but not listed for trade. Another member mentioned two guns that he had, but didn't specify what his intentions were. I wasn't interested in one of the guns and told him so. The other was a gun worth 25-30% more than the gun I had up for sale. Told him I'd trade straight across for it if that's what he was implying.

Guess I pissed him off. He sent me a message telling me how presumptuous in assuming that he wanted to do a straight trade. He then closed the conversation and refused to talk to me again.

No skin off my bones, but what a pr!ck he was. :)

So, if you really want his gun, don't push it too hard. But, if you think he wants too much for his, don't hesitate to "walk".

By the way, I sold the gun I had listed to another member who was quite happy with it.

Yeah yeah yeah get prices blah blah blah........Is it even a gun you want? Is it a gun that you can get rid of easy enough if you decide you don't like it?
I know the value or better said,what I will take for my gun.Then I decide if his is a keeper or not.Usually not for long. Not many guns I keep over a year with most lasting 3 months or so,lol
Yeah,I'm gunna start calling myself a test pilot!
Then I decide what I could possibly sell the gun for,then come up with a trade value so I'm 'in it right' so I can sell the thing.

Far is I'm concerned it's the sellers job to determine a price or price difference. In fact I'm a little anal about it! I'll make a counter proposal after. If he doesent wish to or gets all offended about, it's a wide world chock full of guns I would like to own!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top