JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i am usually a buyer and seller and not a trader. i am currently in contact with a person that wants to trade guns. his gun is worth more than mine. i ask him how much he wants to cover the difference and his reply was how much do you want to give. Seeing his gun is a higher value, i would think he would be the one to give a number. i of course would always just prefer a straight trade.

So this is where we are now. What would you do?

I would have already had a cash offer to make on top of the trade. I would still take him up on it and figure a cash offer to give to him. Be reasonable based on what both guns are selling for but come up with a number and get to haggling!

Last Edited:
I'd do some looking, either on gunbroker to see what bids are for the two guns, or the Blue Book to get an idea of "equal" values. Then I'd offer a little on the low side of the difference. I'd not try to lowball him, but I'd push it a little.

I once had a gun on here for sale, but not listed for trade. Another member mentioned two guns that he had, but didn't specify what his intentions were. I wasn't interested in one of the guns and told him so. The other was a gun worth 25-30% more than the gun I had up for sale. Told him I'd trade straight across for it if that's what he was implying.

Guess I pissed him off. He sent me a message telling me how presumptuous in assuming that he wanted to do a straight trade. He then closed the conversation and refused to talk to me again.

No skin off my bones, but what a pr!ck he was. :)

So, if you really want his gun, don't push it too hard. But, if you think he wants too much for his, don't hesitate to "walk".

By the way, I sold the gun I had listed to another member who was quite happy with it.

Yeah yeah yeah get prices blah blah blah........Is it even a gun you want? Is it a gun that you can get rid of easy enough if you decide you don't like it?
I know the value or better said,what I will take for my gun.Then I decide if his is a keeper or not.Usually not for long. Not many guns I keep over a year with most lasting 3 months or so,lol
Yeah,I'm gunna start calling myself a test pilot!
Then I decide what I could possibly sell the gun for,then come up with a trade value so I'm 'in it right' so I can sell the thing.

Far is I'm concerned it's the sellers job to determine a price or price difference. In fact I'm a little anal about it! I'll make a counter proposal after. If he doesent wish to or gets all offended about, it's a wide world chock full of guns I would like to own!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top