JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That it will be edited to highlight conflict, the only good bits will be the shooting and that TiVo fast forward will ensure I can watch it in 20 minutes or less and be able to miss the forced drama!

This whole 'reality' format is tiresome. Lets just have a good shooting show and skip all the other nonsense.

I don't know if this one is totally fake. A few seasons back, Mike Hughes was on the show and since he was a local guy he had a viewing party at a local bar every week where he'd come and talk about what was going on during commercial breaks. He definitely said they edit everything to make it as conflict oriented and dramatic as possible, but I don't think anyone is "scripted" to win.

Geez, you bunch of old grumps. I only saw one season where there was truly some dramatic crap going on. The rest of the season everyone got along pretty well, especially last session. I find it pretty hard to script out skill based shooting, but hey, what do I know?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Spripted or drama highlighted I still like it. Glad it's back! Season 3 got me back into shooting. Got to admit I DVR it so I can fast foward too.

Predictions would be hard for me. Some of the guys from early shows I don't remember that well. Toughest shooter I remember is William Bethards. But moving and shooting usually gets him. Kelly & Phil may go far but I don't think either will win. I hope Gabby sticks around for a while. Cute little gal. Long range rifle will put her out.

The All-star, no teams format with no "picking" the elimination pair changes things. Should be an interesting season!

Didn't mind seeing who went home first. If it's spripted they picked the right one IMO.

Surprised to not see George from season 2. I still think he threw the final.

Don

During the shoot out with the Colt 45, I liked that they used a sheet metal target........looked so clean when each round hit. But a grenade launcher seemed a bit over the top

I feel like they have done a good job thus far cutting out the BS from the last seasons. In fact, I havent seen hardly and footage from the house as of yet, which is a huge relief. I know the keep emphasizing it on the show, but I do really think the skill level this season is shaping up to be much higher than seasons past. So far so good, no teams, no BS, and better shooting!

I found a better show on the outdoor channel (406 out here) called "Tactical Elite Unit: SWAT" No drama. The Outdoor channel has a ton of great firearms related shows. Even the commercials are cool! (I mean cool if you like guns and outdoors:)) Do yourself a favor and check it out.

Jay Lim needs to be there! And Jake! I'm waiting for "Top Shot - Outcasts"

I kinda liked Jay the golfer.......:) Not a big fan of Jake the whiny almost SEAL. Or whatever you call a guy with a Trident that no one wants to deploy or be deployed with. He got his commission with his football skills. I've seen it happen before. My former C.O. used to brag that he was at West Point for 6 years. Hmmmm. He wasn't real bright but I here he was a hell of a ball player.

I expected Littlejohn to go out first, when I saw the field. I think just about everyone at home believed that Greg was the weakest competitor. I was FLOORED that Blake Miguez went packing in Episode 2... until I stepped back, and realized exactly how cometetive the field is. When I try to think about who the also-rans are in this season, I'm not even sure where to look. Some people will look at guys like Jamie in that way, but the guy did great during Season 2, despite repeatedly being sent to elimination, he has been shooting 3 gun*, and he clearly rocked out in the trick shot competition.

A lot of the guys we saw during the first 3 seasons went away from the show with increased interest in a variety of disciplines, and have increased their skill level across the board. Kelly is my favorite example. Going into Season 1, he was a small bore, precision rifle competitor. While he showed impressive ability to adapt to handguns and other weapons, he was "less strong" in those disciplines. I can't recall where, but I seem to remember hearing that he has become a very confident pistol shooter since S1 wrapped. Similarly, Peter Palma (sniper) moved to Louisiana, and has been shooting with Blake Miguez (IPSC world champion pistol shooter).

With a few of these guys having become stronger all around performers, the field may look a LOT different as we watch the show than it initially appears.

*interestingly, Ashley Spurlin says that he and Jamie shot on the same 3 Gun team. This is the guy who seemed to be Jamie's primary antagonist during Season 2.

Disgusted with the usual theatrics, I let a couple episodes stack up on my DVR before I finally watched #1 out of morbid curiosity.

I was pleased to see the no-team structure, every man (or attractive young lady) for themselves. I also liked the business of no voting. And I don't see any "Omorosas" that I recall, those arrogant loudmouth instigators you can't help but despise for simply breathing.

But the season is young. Having not watched #2 yet, I suppose they'll build the drama somehow, so we'll see. I'm envious about all the cool weps they get to experience. Would love to try it myself.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top