JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
NSSF just released top selling firearms list for 2020, it's kinda interesting. Apparently everybody likes that colt python, I hear they have some issues though.

Top 10 Revolvers (Under Age 50)
  • Ruger Wrangler
  • Colt Python
  • Smith & Wesson 642
  • Heritage Arms Rough Rider Revolver Rifle
  • Ruger GP-100
  • Smith & Wesson 629
  • Ruger Blackhawk
  • Heritage Arms Rough Rider
  • Taurus 856
  • Smith & Wesson 686 Plus
Top 10 Revolvers (Ages 50-99)
  • Colt Python
  • Ruger Wrangler
  • Smith & Wesson 642
  • Ruger GP-100
  • Smith & Wesson 629
  • Heritage Arms Rough Rider Revolver Rifle
  • Ruger Blackhawk
  • Colt King Cobra
  • Ruger SP101
  • Smith & Wesson 686 Plus
Top 10 Semi-Auto Pistols (Under Age 50)
  • Sig Sauer P320
  • Glock G19
  • Springfield Hellcat
  • Sig Sauer P365 Nitron Micro-Compact
  • Beretta M9A3
  • Smith & Wesson M&P9 Shield
  • Springfield XD(M)
  • Glock G19 GEN4
  • Glock G43
  • Beretta 92FS
Top 10 Semi-Auto Pistols (Ages 50-99)
  • Sig Sauer P320
  • Springfield Hellcat
  • Smith & Wesson M&P9 Shield
  • Glock G19
  • Sig Sauer P365 Nitron Micro-Compact
  • Kimber Stainless II
  • Ruger Ruger-57
  • Beretta 92FS
  • Beretta M9A3
  • KEL-TEC PMR-30

I only own three from that list and only one purchased in 2020; the P365.
The 365 with the included Romeo Zero is on my shortlist but it's a little hard to find based on my admittedly casual searching. The recent buying boom has run prices up and availability down anyway; I figure it's wise for me to wait until the panic blows over, and then take advantage of the bargains that seem to inevitably follow.

Not like people in this forum are likely to be first time buyers, more like servicing our habit.

I am very surprised and in a bit of disbelief about the pythons, but that's mainly cause I have literally seen zero of them in the wild, and the issues that have come to light over them.

kinda shocked the Taurus TX-22 isn't up there or the G3, could be a limited production thing though

HP carbines are pretty rad actually, especially since they don't look like theyre from planet of the apes anymore

I am very surprised that there are no CZ's or EAA Witness's on the list. I guess it is an acquired taste, or new to gun people are just copying what everyone else is buying because they don't know any better. It could also be that they are harder to find and most gun stores don't carry them.

I've got a S&W TRR8, a S&W 360PD, and a few other assorted wheelguns but none of mine made the list. The 329PD is on my someday list but not in inventory yet. Have been looking at the 5" Talo 686+, which would have counted, but it's further down the list.

They're all really $$$ now though, for a poor boy like me.

I dont believe that list at all. Colt is not putting out Pythons that fast to get on a top sales list. That might polled highest or some other drivel but definitely not gross sales.

Seems pretty legit to me but this is national sales, here's the link to the statistics.

Oh, I see. It looks like they are using gunbroker.com data not actual national gun sales data. I can see where the Colt stuff comes in now. The few Pythons etc. Colt does sell get scalped on gunbroker immediately and the sales numbers look high for that venue . Seriously, they dont have the production capacity to outsell Glocks in the real world.

Given the current market craziness, there's likely no way to get reliable data, other than polling wants.

Considering the amount of firearms being sold, the number of new firearms owners buying whatever is in stock etc.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top