JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Someone is trying to tell me that putting an ATI top folding stock (with a pistol grip) on my Mossberg 500 is illegal. From my research, I think it is legal in Oregon. But, I couldn't quite confirm it.

Sounds to me that if the barrel 18 inches and the gun with stock extended is at least 26 inches, it is legal. And adding this stock would not change the gun from a shotgun to any sort of other firearm with the ATF.

Can someone confirm or point me to some document online that I could rely on?

It wouldn't even be illegal if the AWB were still in effect.

The AWB mandated (Other than some specific guns which were outlawed) that no more than 2 "evil features" could be present.

The gun you describe has only two (pistol grip and folding stock), and hence was still legal even in 1995. Your "friend" is mistaken. NFA requires that you have a barrel length of no less than 18 inches (shotguns only, rifles are 16) and the OAL is no less than 26 inches.

Don't think I've got anything wrong here, but you NFA guys feel free to go crazy if I missed something.

Is that someone a:
a.) Cop?
b.) Gun store employee?
c:) Know-it-all gun encyclopedia?
You could print out the NFA regs but he obviously hasn't read them and apparently has no interest to.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews