JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The 6.5x55 and 257 Roberts have a long standing reputation as excellent cartridges so I don't know how they are considered "underrated".

The .30-40 Krag and .218 Bee? Underrated? Seriously? Obsolete would be a better description.

E

30-40 Krag can come within a few FPS of any .308 load depending on the rifle its being used in. I have a c1905 Winchester model 1895 Deluxe Rifle and my hand loads can come within 50fps of any .308 load for a given bullet and it will handle up to a 220 grain bullet which .308's don't do well at all with.

Yes its pretty much obsolete (the factories only produce it about every other year) but rifles are still being chambered in it.

And the little .218 is an excellent varmit round. Its big draw back was the limited number of rifles it was ever chambered in.

The 6.5x55 and 257 Roberts have a long standing reputation as excellent cartridges so I don't know how they are considered "underrated".

The .30-40 Krag and .218 Bee? Underrated? Seriously? Obsolete would be a better description.

E

Under used would be a more accurate term I think for the Roberts and 6.5x55. I'd put 260 in there too in the under used category.

The other ones must be a joke.

Underrated and under used? How about the 8mm's? 325 WSM and 8mm Rem mag anybody?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top