JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Tongue Point Naval Station on December 1st, 1954, in a little brick Dispensary, about 1/8 mile past the Guard Gate was where I came "down the pike". 62 years has just flown by.

Dead family, dead children, dead spouse... what more could a man ask? :rolleyes:o_O

"Dead family, dead children, dead spouse... what more could a man ask?"

Seriously? I hope you have close friends, that you can count on, that are nearby. I don't even know you and my heart aches.:(

"Dead family, dead children, dead spouse... what more could a man ask?"

Seriously? I hope you have close friends, that you can count on, that are nearby. I don't even know you and my heart aches.:(

I have been alone for nearly five years. Life drags on. My baby brother was the last one. He died in 2014

What else is new? :rolleyes:

Happy Birthday Bro!!! Don't focus on the Bad, Look forward to the good! Lots of good in this world, some times ya just have to squint a bit to see it, but it's all ways right there if you look! Stay safe and enjoy, you earned it!

You said just a few days ago:

"My entire family is dead. (My living children are estranged, so to me, they are nothing). I know what it's like to see people my age die around me. Life is very brief."

So you have living children it seems. Maybe now is a great time to reach out to them to mend those fences before it's too late?

And BTW, happy birthday. Life is what you make of my friend.

Tongue Point Naval Station on December 1st, 1954, in a little brick Dispensary, about 1/8 mile past the Guard Gate was where I came "down the pike". 62 years has just flown by.

Dead family, dead children, dead spouse... what more could a man ask? :rolleyes:o_O

Endeavor to Persevere brother, as I am sure you know all too well. Still, best wishes on your birthday (mine's on the 2nd!):s0090: If you lived in So. Oregon I'd offer to take you out shooting, but you should go regardless!

Hey, happy birthday!

& hey, your not thinkin on checking out, I hope? That'd be sad.

Life is what you make of it, not what has been made.

The last thing my brother said to me was "KEEP GOING", barely a whisper as I said good night to him on my way out to a shift at a local hospital.

He passed a few hours later with Dad by his side at my house, just a few days (about a week) into home hospice. It was a 3 year battle with an extremely aggressive & painful form of blood cancer (Multiple Myeloma).

Financially devastated, shortened (tumors had collapsed several vertebra), towards the end there were a few brain metastasis as well. He never complained, whined, and rarely missed work or a chemo/transfusion appointment until the last week, or when he was in ICU following a stem cell transplant.

I think about him a lot. When life tosses me lemons, I can put them into perspective pretty damned quick.

I lost my First Wife to Ovarian Cancer while deployed over seas, took emergency leave to get home just 3 days before she passed. I didn't even know she had it until I got an emergency call from my Dad! That devastated not only me, but my two young sons, who were just starting middle school! Thank God my Mom was able to take the boys for a year before I could get back home to figure things out! Thank God I had the love and support of my fellow Squad mates to help me through the worst time of my life! Life isn't always fair, and things hurt in ways that never go away, it's changing your inner self from suffering to surviving that makes all the difference in the world!

Sometimes I feel that death can't come fast enough.
You said just a few days ago:

"My entire family is dead. (My living children are estranged, so to me, they are nothing). I know what it's like to see people my age die around me. Life is very brief."

So you have living children it seems. Maybe now is a great time to reach out to them to mend those fences before it's too late?

And BTW, happy birthday. Life is what you make of my friend.

My two girls are somewhere. Where? I have no idea. I lost track of them 20+ years ago. My youngest daughter was okay (20+ years ago). I never knew my youngest. Sadly, she was criminally inclined (or so I was informed). I have never laid eyes on her. Next year she'll be 28 years old.

There's no way to reach them. I just hope that the eldest is happy and that the youngest isn't in prison somewhere. I really haven't been in their lives at all. It is far too late to seek them out, and I haven't the finances to do so, if I desired to do so.

I have spent the past five years of my life alone (about 90 percent of the time). I am, once again, becoming accustomed to it. I am slowly readjusting.

"Down to Gehenna, to the steps up to the throne. The man that walks the swiftest, is the one that walks alone." - Rudyard Kipling

Hmm I'd imagine it relatively "easy" yet still challenging to track them down given computers and the interwebs. Probably not very pricey either, depending upon what you can find out on your own, before having to pass on to a professional.

Pretty much you can do whatever you set your mind to, now once you find them...making contact or not would then be up to you. Wether or not they'd want contact, well you wouldn't know that now would you?

Hmm I'd imagine it relatively "easy" yet still challenging to track them down given computers and the interwebs. Probably not very pricey either, depending upon what you can find out on your own, before having to pass on to a professional.

Pretty much you can do whatever you set your mind to, now once you find them...making contact or not would then be up to you. Wether or not they'd want contact, well you wouldn't know that now would you?

Thanks for the suggestion, but in this instance, I think that I will "let sleeping dogs lie". Had they wanted to find me, they would have done so by now.

Why should I interrupt their lives?

Thanks for the suggestion, but in this instance, I think that I will "let sleeping dogs lie". Had they wanted to find me, they would have done so by now.

Maybe they're thinking the same thing Captain. Either way, have an excellent birthday Captain O, you never know what or who is around that next corner.

Dunno & dunno that you will or should nor would. But if you don't know where they are, you'll never have the chance to ask yourself.

They might want to find you as well, but may have simple everyday life in the way as well.

Anyways, have a happy birthday & do something that puts a smile on your face!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top