JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Bottom line I LOVE IT!!. I have always been a big time fan of the .45 in a carbine. This one is another hit.
The good:
It is very compact of course. On par with the Kel-Tec S2K's, fits in a laptop bag.
Turned in very good accuracy. Santa made it clear that the only reason I was told about it now was to test fire. That it had to be wrapped for Christmas and I have to act surprised when the family opens gifts. So for the test I just bolted on a .75 riser and a ULTRA CHEAP (under $20) reflex red dot. It made groups I could cover with a silver dollar with me just shooting it off hand. So if I miss there's no blaming the gun. Ran several hundred rounds of S&B, Win. White Box, and Fed. Red Box. With Glock mags it was 100% out of the box. Just took the bolt out wiped it down and greased it. The barrels are Parkerized including the feed ramp. The finish wears off on the feed ramp as you shoot. If someone has hang ups this would be the first thing I would work on. This one can be converted to 10mm with just a barrel and bolt. After the holidays are done I WILL be ordering the 10mm Barrel and Bolt.
The Bad:
Trigger is horrendous. Not real heavy but LOTS of creep before let off. They do get better with use but they will never be even close to what most off the shelf .22 rifles come with. Again they are about on par with the trigger in every S2K I have ever shot. They come with an AR type M4 Colaspable stock that's very cheap. Since it's a standard AR stock it would be easy enough to just put on a better one. The scope they send with it is what you can expect for a $20 scope. They are not set up for iron sights only a 1913 rail on the back. I will be working on some idea's to add BUIS. Everyone who shot my first one agreed that the sights sit too low for a good eye line up with a good cheek weld against the stock. I put a .5 riser on the first one. Already had a .75 for this one. Again no big deal. Certainly easy to deal with. Lastly the mag that they send with these is junk. TNW is IMHO doing themselves bad sending these with the guns. Who knows how many people will buy one and find it will not work with the mag and blame the gun. The one they sent with this rifle was a 24 round that I tossed back in the range bag after the 3d try. It would not get through 24 rounds without jamming. So if you buy one of these get some Glock mags. I will have to buy one or two of the KCI mags to try. Would like to have some higher cap mags since the Glock OEM's are 13 rounders.
These still seem to be something few have seen or heard of even though they have been making them for many years. Santa said the shop she ordered it from had never heard of them until she asked. When she went to pick it up several guys there were oooing and ahhhing it as they asked to see it. All of them said they had never seen one. At this rate I will have to get TNW to send me a hat or something. <G>

I guess they're no longer including the scopes? I did get one with mine, and it had higher rings, but still too low for this gun - optics need a high riser on this one for sure. And yeah, the trigger is a bit of a joke - I'm hoping maybe someone will come out with an aftermarket trigger/upgrade at some point - if they do, I'll probably jump on it.

Seems more people are hearing about them - especially since Hickok did a review of them. They are nice, but a better trigger, better magazine and no scope or a better scope/optic would be a good way to gain more points with the gun community. The gun itself is very well made though. I have a feeling at some point I'm going to have all 5 available caliber kits, maybe even add the .22lr when that comes available.

I need to polish my feed ramp I think as I got a lot of jams with my 9mm using branded Glock mags. The accuracy is pretty decent with a sig red dot. I don't have a high riser on mine.

Both of mine quit the issues with just use so that was it on mine. When I get the next barrel I will just polish the ramp before I even start playing with it. When I was looking into these they also mentioned adjusting the buffer tube if you had feed trouble. Since the buffer tube is the recoil system. There was a post somewhere about how they recommended adjusting it. May have been on the FAQ's. Been a while now and can't remember where I was reading it. If you decide you want a riser I bought a couple of them off Amazon. Was surprised when I first looked to see they had a lot of them all heights and lengths. I need to get out to the back country so I can see what these will do at 50 or even a hundred yards. At the indoor range they often have other shooters coming over to see what I'm using when they see the small groups. They at first think they are in the company of some expert till they see it's a long gun doing that. :cool:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top