JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Feel free to copy-paste this and send it to whomever. info on finding your representatives in links:
Find Your Representative | House.gov

Elected Officials | USAGov

Sending anything is better than nothing. I just received a long email blurb from Congressman Blumaneur that the dems are elevating "gun safety" to something which needs work now. I responded:

Dear congressman Blumenauer:

As a democrat I have voted for you many times. It appears that will be ending soon and it's over a single issue. We have plenty of of laws on the books concerning guns already. As an honest gun owner, I already have to try and learn what current law is for my city, my country,my state and then we also have the country's laws. These multiple levels of laws can and do change with regularity. They are plentiful and they are many. We don't need more. The other day in Portland a previously convicted felon, a person who knew that they were prohibited from carrying a gun, shot a person at the max station in broad daylight. He got 5 years. Which means he'll likely get out in 2.

If you really wanted to do something about gun safety, that criminal would not be back out on the street for quite some time and as a multiple convicted felon, do you have hope that 2 more years in jail will cause that person to now start following the laws when they are released? Nope, and even if you could magically make all guns disappear for citizens, there have been approx 912 guns stolen from policemen in the area over the last few years that criminals can still tap into. They don't follow the current laws, they won't follow any new ones you pass.

Passing more laws will only be effecting honest citizens and make it more likely that they have something which should be legal and is now currently legal to become a criminal action. Please, stop passing needless gun laws.

I'd think it would carry even more weight as an Democrat. My Rep is Kim Schrier, didn't vote for her and wouldn't now. That said I took the outline of your letter and sent her one.

Appreciate the reminder.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top