JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't know about a flame war, and I don't know if the new Colts rival the old ones. But I do know that I can put 5 shots out of 6 into the same hole with my 1970s Python at 30 feet offhand. I also know the action is so smooth, the last time I felt something that smooth, I got slapped :eek: . I have shot Smiths, own Rugers... all good guns, but all pale next to my Colt Python.
There are a number of my guns I would fight to keep, but try to take my Python and it's a death match.
Oh, I know they are nice, I just believe most of the hype is because they are no longer in production. They are definitely the prettiest revolvers out there, but we had a couple that developed timing issues so I am a bit jaded there I guess.

I don't know about a flame war, and I don't know if the new Colts rival the old ones. But I do know that I can put 5 shots out of 6 into the same hole with my 1970s Python at 30 feet offhand. I also know the action is so smooth, the last time I felt something that smooth, I got slapped :eek: . I have shot Smiths, own Rugers... all good guns, but all pale next to my Colt Python.
There are a number of my guns I would fight to keep, but try to take my Python and it's a death match.

The Python I bought some years ago is so mint, that with only 18 rds fired thru it, I can't justify shooting it, so I bought a used Colt Diamondback in .38 special.
It's almost as good as a Python, but it satisfies that internal struggle with the Python of whether to just shoot the hell out of it, or keep it locked up for investment purposes.

Yeah, I picked up a GP100 because I love the Python too much to shoot it too death. The GP is close second, but still doesn't hold a candle to my snake gun. Still, it comes out of the safe a couple of times a year when I can't stand not shooting it anymore :p

The Python I bought some years ago is so mint, that with only 18 rds fired thru it, I can't justify shooting it, so I bought a used Colt Diamondback in .38 special.
It's almost as good as a Python, but it satisfies that internal struggle with the Python of whether to just shoot the hell out of it, or keep it locked up for investment purposes.

I get the struggle, but I'm guessing that besides investment purposes you enjoy owning a cherry, piece of history and a piece of art! :)

Like this one.

Python 002.JPG

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews