Time to Start Saving Up

CountryGent

Reactions
Neat-O. I wish they'd bring back the Colt Anaconda, though I'd imagine that is unlikely for a variety of factors.

tkdguy

Reactions
I'm not taken by it. 24 ounces! 38 +p great for some but for the $700 retail I'd want a 357--but Smith has several proofed versions. I like my older model '66.

Reactions
Would love to see the king cobra come back. The best part is maybe it will get S&W to step up there game and start making quality revolvers like they used to back in the day. The last two new ones I had were terrible guns on fit, finish and accuracy!

Reactions
Awesome... Crap though... I just bought a GP100..... I guess I could always get one just to compare to the GP100.... you know.... purely in the name of scientific research :rolleyes:
Where would we be without scientific research? I mean come on it is a requirement for the sake of all mankind :)

Lol... uh yeah... this is starting to remind me of an old Jerry Reed song "She got the gold mine"

You're gonna have to fight moma for the colt.... assuming that it's not in an evidence locker because she used it on me :eek:

OP
SynapticSilence
Reactions
Maybe later. I decided not to wait and bought one of the new Ruger LCRs in .327 Federal Magnum instead. Six shots instead of the normal five and with ballistics comparable to the .357 Magnum. What a great round. Full steel monolithic frame instead of the usual LCR Steel/Aluminum combination. Super trigger, too, and light at 17 oz. And you can shoot all of the following ammo out of it -- .32ACP (has a semi-rimmed case so moonclips aren't necessary), 32 S&W Short, 32 S&W Long, .32 H&R Magnum, and the .327 Federal Magnum. Drops into and disappears into a good sized pocket. I can wait on the Colt, I think.

I don't know about a flame war, and I don't know if the new Colts rival the old ones. But I do know that I can put 5 shots out of 6 into the same hole with my 1970s Python at 30 feet offhand. I also know the action is so smooth, the last time I felt something that smooth, I got slapped :eek: . I have shot Smiths, own Rugers... all good guns, but all pale next to my Colt Python.
There are a number of my guns I would fight to keep, but try to take my Python and it's a death match.

UPCOMING EVENTS

Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show 2021 show is cancelled
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA
22 Rimfire Challenge
Redmond Rod and Gun Club
Redmond, OR 97756, USA
Rimfire Challenge May 8th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• A Cut Above Pawn
    5.00 star(s)
    Fantastic Customer Service!
    Recently, they helped my lady transfer a pistol to a family member in CA. Most FFLs would have told us to pound sand when we mentioned where we...
  • HighLine Firearms
    5.00 star(s)
    One of the best!
    I have bought from online and in person. Great store, he had things I did not know were needed. I try and recommend Highline Firearms to people I...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    The only gunsmith I'll use
    Tim has done a few projects for me and the result is always the same. Amazing. End of story. From complete refinish to custom machining, Tim is...
  • Copeland Custom Gunworks
    5.00 star(s)
    great work refinishing my 27 year old 1991 a1 compact colt .45
    Tim did a great job making my gun look brand new again and replacing the old parts inside. Super Happy!!
  • Lucky Sporting Goods
    5.00 star(s)
    Just a transfer but a great one. A+
    Came here today to meet another forum member to buy a Glock. Was the best transfer I've had the pleasure of doing. Even though I was just there...
Top Bottom