JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't know about a flame war, and I don't know if the new Colts rival the old ones. But I do know that I can put 5 shots out of 6 into the same hole with my 1970s Python at 30 feet offhand. I also know the action is so smooth, the last time I felt something that smooth, I got slapped :eek: . I have shot Smiths, own Rugers... all good guns, but all pale next to my Colt Python.
There are a number of my guns I would fight to keep, but try to take my Python and it's a death match.
Oh, I know they are nice, I just believe most of the hype is because they are no longer in production. They are definitely the prettiest revolvers out there, but we had a couple that developed timing issues so I am a bit jaded there I guess.

I don't know about a flame war, and I don't know if the new Colts rival the old ones. But I do know that I can put 5 shots out of 6 into the same hole with my 1970s Python at 30 feet offhand. I also know the action is so smooth, the last time I felt something that smooth, I got slapped :eek: . I have shot Smiths, own Rugers... all good guns, but all pale next to my Colt Python.
There are a number of my guns I would fight to keep, but try to take my Python and it's a death match.

The Python I bought some years ago is so mint, that with only 18 rds fired thru it, I can't justify shooting it, so I bought a used Colt Diamondback in .38 special.
It's almost as good as a Python, but it satisfies that internal struggle with the Python of whether to just shoot the hell out of it, or keep it locked up for investment purposes.

Yeah, I picked up a GP100 because I love the Python too much to shoot it too death. The GP is close second, but still doesn't hold a candle to my snake gun. Still, it comes out of the safe a couple of times a year when I can't stand not shooting it anymore :p

The Python I bought some years ago is so mint, that with only 18 rds fired thru it, I can't justify shooting it, so I bought a used Colt Diamondback in .38 special.
It's almost as good as a Python, but it satisfies that internal struggle with the Python of whether to just shoot the hell out of it, or keep it locked up for investment purposes.

I get the struggle, but I'm guessing that besides investment purposes you enjoy owning a cherry, piece of history and a piece of art! :)

Like this one.

Python 002.JPG

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top