JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If North Idaho became self governing why would we welcome joining with other regions that would likely wish to establish dominance?
Trade one master for another? Or enjoy a newfound freedom.:s0139:
Why would we want to be ruled by the likes of spokanastan.:s0125:

Not looking for a fight. And don't want the Feds to get the wrong idea! I just don't think voting alone is going to get us anywhere.

IMO, voting or any other action will not result in any new state or county where the process involves secession. There might be counties in some states where there is an exception, but I don't think that is the issue here.

Well, Clark county voted for I-1639 so it should be with "the left coast side."
Aloha, Mark
Got it...:)
I have no idea on Cowlitz or Skamania. :s0092:

Dan

1584558438566.jpeg

The reason it won't happen today is because it requires, at least, the majority vote of the people in the state. Having some number of people less than half of the residents of a state, try to secede from the state won't work. The fact that there are strong reasons for the majority to hold the state together means the majority will never vote for secession. Don't like what the majority votes for on a regular basis - too bad, so sad - you are stuck with it - anything else is just fantasy.
I lived in NorCal along time ago, when SoCal wanted the water and NorCal tried to split. A comic effort as all of Cal had to vote on it, and where are most of the people in that place?

IMO, voting or any other action will not result in any new state or county where the process involves secession. There might be counties in some states where there is an exception, but I don't think that is the issue here.
As I said before, it's not a secession. It's a partition. There's a difference...

Last state to be successful was West Virginia. They may have had support from D.C. at that time.

Some years back - when the Dems were still Americans - the Delmarva peninsula came close to making one state, comprised of Delaware and those pieces of MD & VA. Might have been during the '50's. Made sense & think they almost made it, I hadn't been aware of the constitutional problem.

State of Jefferson actually came up as early as 1852. In 1941, prior to the start of the Second World War for the USA, articles were printed in Time and Life magazines. Even elected a "Governor", but December 7, 1941 interfered with any further movement. At that time the following counties of California & Oregon comprised the State of Jefferson: California - Del Norte, Siskiyou and Trinity; Oregon - Curry. Since then some additional counties have expressed from time to time: Calif - Modoc, Humboldt, Lassen; Oregon - Josephine, Jackson, Klamath, Douglas and Coos. From time to time some California counties have gotten fed up
with Sacramento and have passed non-binding resolutions supporting or expressing an interest in joining the State of Jefferson. Shasta and Butte are two that I know of.

Please add Wahkiakum into the good side. Don't put us in with King...
Done... :) I doubt Idaho would want the 2 on the right. Invade & conquer? :rolleyes:

Dan
freedom state.jpg

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews