JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Tomorrow morning I'm putting in my one month notice at work to reclaim my life after a year and a half of 65-72 hour work weeks. I don't plan on getting another job, but rather enjoy the fruits of the laborious task I undertook which was eliminating all my personal debt and minimizing monthly expenses. By doing this and 'living light' I'll have the time I need to focus on my websites, which I feel is my true calling. Leaving a good career is a very difficult thing for a guy with no college degree to do, but I'm young enough I can follow my heart and take that risk. I can't remember the last time I've felt this scared and/or excited, but I can certainly say I haven't been this happy in years! :s0155:

Tomorrow morning I'm putting in my one month notice at work to reclaim my life after a year and a half of 65-72 hour work weeks. I don't plan on getting another job, but rather enjoy the fruits of the laborious task I undertook which was eliminating all my personal debt and minimizing monthly expenses. By doing this and 'living light' I'll have the time I need to focus on my websites, which I feel is my true calling. Leaving a good career is a very difficult thing for a guy with no college degree to do, but I'm young enough I can follow my heart and take that risk. I can't remember the last time I've felt this scared and/or excited, but I can certainly say I haven't been this happy in years! :s0155:

Congratulations!

Congratulations!
I think that is great. Follow your dreams if you can afford to do so..
I wish i could do that. But with three kids an one more on the way it's going to be awhile before my bills are lite ;)

Thanks for the support everyone! I'm really excited to get started with making the changes here that Ive been meaning to do but haven't bad time for over the past year and a half. Things are going to get much better :)

Thanks for the support everyone! I'm really excited to get started with making the changes here that Ive been meaning to do but haven't bad time for over the past year and a half. Things are going to get much better :)

Best of luck Joe. Let us know what we can do to help you with the site.

I know when I made the decision to leave Intel after 10 1/2 years the minute I walked out the front door of the JF campus for the last time I felt absolutely liberated. Took me a while to find another job, but it was one of the best decisions I ever made.

My hat goes off to you! Congrats on being in the postion to do what you are doing. I can only imagine that there are at least of few of us that are jealous.

Joe, what is this thing you call a 'life'?? :huh:

Confusion and chaos reigns in my world.....I think it is caused by my kids:p

Good luck on your future of happiness. Serioulsly jealous though........

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Capitalism is BO$$!!!

Geez,a year and a half at one job? I'd be more than ready to leave,especially with those hours.

Don't worry about little things like money,it's over rated anyway.

I hope some others read your post and do the same.Working those hours can make you money you'll never get to enjoy.
And isn't that why we work?
To make money to enjoy life?

Good luck with your new life.

My last Paycheck was 1977, Thought I was going to through up all the time the first year. Stomach alcers went away and made more money. Second year, no desire to through up, bought a new pickup, Loaded 4x4. Everything happy,happy, joy,joy? No. But I've never been fired for making mistakes or layed off and still no paid vacations. But you should see my retirement plan.
But when you love what you are doing who wants to retire? Now I only work 5 months a year, go hunting and fishing and a total who gives a ***** about what ever anyone thinks of me.

Congrats> I did the same, but I moved here and then did your situation, and then instead went the school route...14 years from when I quit college, and now catching up, and ready for transfer to OSU, I know what you went through, and what you will go through. Its worth it, just put in you time and heart on what you want to do. Only you can make sure your happy later on.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top