JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Trail boss in 10mm

• EAA Witness Match

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Glock 20

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • RIA

Votes: 1 4.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I voted Glock 20 due to parts availability. My buddy has an EAA Witness, I found it to be heavy (in comparison to my Glock 20) but it is a sweet shooter. I'm leery of 1911 pattern 10mms because they used to be prone to frame failures due to the increased recoil, this may not be the case anymore. I'd personally do research on into it.

ETA: It looks like the frame cracking shouldn't be a problem on the RIA. They do not have the stress relief cut that Colt Delta Elites have, but I'm sure their excellent customer services will take care of any issues.

I'm looking for a SW 1006. Not sure why, I just like them. Or a Bren Ten would be even cooler!

I think the Glock would be a great choice from your list. I think the Witness looks cooler, though :s0155:

Not on the list but worth mentioning.
If I was going to go with a 10mm and had the funds I would go with a Sig stainless P220 and send it off to Grays Guns for a 10MM conversion.
Quite a bit more than a G20 though.

Colt Delta
Dan Wesson 10mm
Glock 20

Would be a toss up for me. Glock has the advantage for a no nonsense gun. Delta and Dan Wesson for 2nd kinda cool.

The new RIA's intrigue me. I haven't heard much about longevity with them but I have always liked the idea of 10mm in a 1911 platform. Unfortunately so many others haven't been able to reliably pull it off and be able to shoot true 10mm loads

Not to try and find fault, but what is the 'problem' the 10mm is going to solve?

- there are a couple guns on my list which wouldn't solve anything, just be nice to have.

Oh, since a Glock is on your list, join GSSF and show up to their events - you can win a Glock!
Or at the very least, get a nice discount.

And surprise - <broken link removed>

I don't know, but I thought take 10 mm over .45acp for hiking/hunting companion.
I'm happy to hear another opinions for trail/hunting side arm.

I switch between 2 carry guns in the woods. I really like my Dan Wesson (CBOB) for carrying, especially with a backpack because it's so flat/thin, but I often carry a S&W 686+ because I carry it with HOT .357 handloads. I used to carry a .41 Mag, but it's a big, heavy gun. As far as a 10mm, the power is near the .41 Mag. If I had a good 1911 in 10mm, it would probably be the "one".

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top