JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I know two people that got bite by recluse spiders. They were nasty wounds. Their venom liquifies flesh.

Nasty buggers.

I used to work with a guy that got bite by a black widow and he ended up in the ICU. Said it was like a horrible acid trip.
He was strapped to the bed and said it looked like the walls were melting around him.

I know two people that got bite by recluse spiders. They were nasty wounds. Their venom liquifies flesh.

Nasty buggers.

I used to work with a guy that got bite by a black widow and he ended up in the ICU. Said it was like a horrible acid trip.
He was strapped to the bed and said it looked like the walls were melting around him.
Got bit on the chest by a Black Widow about a year ago. Sucked bad. Lightheaded and intense pain everywhere. Never been so sick in my life.
Didn't go to the doc as they don't typically do anything except watch you writhe in pain. Went to work instead.

There's two very similar looking, yet different spiders here in this thread; the Giant House Spider, its bite while painful, is not usually venomous unless you have an allergy to it, it is far more common to see these around Oregon... My mother has a contract out on any spider, if they're inside the house, dead fast. If outside, depends. On her fave flowers? Dead.

The other species is the Hobo/ Aggressive House Spider... looks VERY similar, but far more dangerous... their bite IS venomous and you get the nasty wounds like the pic above.

The Hobo/Aggressive House Spider has a smaller body, while the Giant House Spider has a bigger body and longer legs. They are often misidentified as each other... And then there's the Barn Funnel Weaver which is smaller and looks just like the other two.

THat said.... an excellent way to use spiders is as Pys-Ops :rolleyes: Have a jar full of em, then let em loose near a window where a guy's holed up..... wait til he screams in fright and waste ammo trying to kill the spiders lol

Damn super hero.

Like shelby stanga off the discovery logging show. Gets bit by poisonous snakes and just get a little fever. That kills most people!
Not even close. I'm a wimp.
But life hurts and there's always work to do. I'd just rather be in pain doing something than be in pain sittin on my butt.

I got nailed by one of those HOBO spiders while digging through a new project car I picked up, damn thing got me right below the knee! Started to itch pretty good on the way to the clinic, and by the time the nurse came to check me in, it was swollen and turning black and blue, they put suction on it and gave me lots of injections and kept me several days. I couldn't walk for two weeks! It never made a hole or any thing like the pictures you find, but it stayed black and blue for months! No scar, but it looks like varicose veins at the bite site! I hate spiders! Nasty little vampires. Now any new project gets the bomb before I start digging! Better living through chemistry I always say:)

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top