JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Added this today. Nice doesn't begin to describe the trigger. 001.JPG

I glanced though the first few pages and did not see it, sorry if its in there but

What is the thread size and pitch you are using? The standard .30 cal 5/8 x 24?

I don't yet. I plan on getting the die and TAT late next month when after I get my second surgery done in Portland (VA pays per mile and I'll have enough extra to buy the parts). I may get it sooner if I can swing it, I'll let you know when I get it.

Thanks for the offer. You need to borrow the handle? Or did you order that also?
Reno, cheapest I found the timney was on ebay for ~$99 shipped.

Last Edited:
I went ahead and removed the adapter. I got a set of UTG medium height 1" rings for airgun/.22 cal. They fit the Mosin fairly well, but they do leave a fairly good gap between the base and the "rail". They do lock in really well, so I will bed the rings with JB Weld. The front ring has a stop pin, so I drilled the rifle to match. As it is, the scope is a bit lower than it was with the adapter, so I am happy.
mosin vers.2.2.JPG

image.jpg

Rifle 2 in the works. RSI mount installed and bedded. Got the Simmons White Tail Classic set up on it, so I will see how they hold up to the 7.62x54r. Decided to see if it has any issues with deflection before I thread it for the brake, that way if it is deflecting I can shorten it up before doing the work. The scout setup doesn't have a problem with targets at 400, other than seeing them. So, with the higher power scope, I should be good for that plus more.

image.jpg Stock and trigger added. Had to do a bit of clearancing on the stock to get it mounted, but it fits well now. Just need to order a bolt handle.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top