JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I had david at brimstone in camas thread the barrel on my model 12 lrp 6.5cm to run a brake and supressor.

20161202_202238.jpg

Sometimes in the past, before suppressors we're as popular. It wasn't critical for the threading to be dialed in to within .0002 to the bore. So I have run across a few of these lately. Easy to spot when the customer brings in his rifle and new suppressor, and has had baffle strikes with the first shot.

Every time I thread something I just have a habit of putting on a 11 degree target crown. Just because it looks so nice even if it hidden down at the base of a muzzle brake! :rolleyes:

IMG_1651.JPG

IMG_0928.JPG

IMG_2522.JPG

IMG_0927.JPG

IMG_9452.JPG

I've got a 700p chambered in .300 Win Mag and am about to get the bbl threaded to throw an APA FB Gen 2 on it. Pretty heavy recoil and I would like to be able to eventually use a suppressor. As for the .300 win mag as a round, I love it and can reload using 220gr SMKs for $1/round, not a bad deal and way better than factory ammo.

The '06 is better than a 250 yard elk gun when loaded heavy
That's just silly thinking it's only good to 250yds.
My 7mm kicks like a 308. It's a heavy gun though. Not an all day packer. Funny thing is the 7mm08 isn't much less of a cartridge than the mag. If I remember correctly it's a few fps slower and not much less energy till you get out quite a ways.
I might just obtain one for my packing rifle as it would use the same bullits as the mag. I'm guessing the powder would be different though

The '06 is better than a 250 yard elk gun when loaded heavy
That's just silly thinking it's only good to 250yds.

That's just something I read in a gun magazine. :) The point is, there is some range at which it is better not to shoot at elk for .30-06, and also for .308, and whatever those ranges are, the difference is probably around 50 yards. I think that is a reasonable guess...

Using 175gr Nosler Partitions (hodgdon.com site), the highest velocity for 7mm-08 is 2598fps, and for 7 Mag is 2822fps. How far does the 7 Mag bullet have to fly to get down to the same speed as the 7mm-08 muzzle velocity? That distance is the advantage the 7 Mag has over the 7mm-08 (at least for that bullet weight, etc.)

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads