Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Thread crapping in AD question

Discussion in 'Questions, Problems, & Feedback' started by Trlsmn, Oct 2, 2009.

1. Trlsmn

Trlsmn In Utero (Portland) Well-Known Member

Ethical question.

What if you know someone is lying in an AD about something like round count. And I mean "know" because you sold them the gun?

2. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

I don't know what the mods feel about this, but me personally, I would send them a PM to "refresh their memory" of the round count when you sold them the weapon and offer to correct that information in the thread for them if they didn't. ;)

3. PhysicsGuy

PhysicsGuy Corvallis, OR Resident Science Nut

I would say contact via PM.

But hopefully users that frequent this site enough can notice such things. Since as soon as this was posted, I knew exactly what firearm this was relating to, since I had the same thought when I saw the ad posted.

But I guess the non frequent users could use some buyer protection.

4. Joe Link

Joe Link Portland, OR Well-Known Member Staff Member Lifetime Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

Contact the seller. If they refuse to change the ad, we will remove the ad stating rule #5.

If you give them the correct info (knowledge), and they don't change their post, that is blatant fraud ;)

5. Trlsmn

Thanks! :thumbup:

6. bradley

bradley salem area Member

Maybe I am just a NICE guy, I dont think that it right to thread crap. However I get pretty PO when I see people trying to sell $8 a box readily available ammo for $25 hoping that there are a few suckers on this sight, I would hope that we all look out for one another to warn others about a scam

7. Bello425

Bello425 Vancouver Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

Concerning the ammo price gouging I feel the same way, BUT if the person browsing this forum is desperate enough to purchase at the listed price let them. I won't because I will travel, yes and waste gas to look for the deals and I try to post them on here when I can. I see it as supply and demand. Some stores have them and some don't, the few stores that have them most have raised their prices. If you have gone to the Gun Shows look at the prices on individual tables not wholesalers, you see the same high prices. Just my $.02.

8. numbnutz

numbnutz molalla Active Member

What if that person buying the ammo isn't desperate but more they just don't know any better and they think that the buy is a smokin' deal cuz the item is for sale on a gun forum.

9. Trlsmn

Members are well within their rights to "respectfully" ask a question about a price on anything if they do it in a thread outside of the classifieds and so long as it is not in violation of the forum rules..

10. bradley

bradley salem area Member

My point excactly

11. treemanx

treemanx Spray, Or. Active Member

It is every consumers personal responsibility to find the best deal for their money. The good thing about this site, is that it is not communist. There is/and shouldn't be, anyone here to tell you how much you should sell your "whatever" for.

I understand what your saying about warning others about scams, but is high priced ammo on this site really a "scam"? No, it isnt. It's just a high price. If a seller was telling people to send them their cash for the ammo, and then never sending the ammo, that would be a scam worthy of warning others about.

My point is this: Bi-Mart has great prices on most ammo, right? So thats where you buy it. But when you go to The Gun Broker and see the same ammo for sale at Bi-Mart for $10.00 more, do you tell all the customers in the store not to buy it because it's a scam? Do you harass the owner? NO, you just dont buy their ammo because it's expensive.

We have no right to tell anyone what their stuff is worth, the right we have is to be informed buyers if we are concerned about getting the best possible deal.

Just my two Deutsche Mark's on the subject, take it or leave it.

12. Cougfan2

Cougfan2 Hillsboro, OR Well-Known Member

Any product that anyone is selling on this site is worth exactly what someone else is willing to pay for it. Misrepresentation is another matter.

13. pirateer2007

pirateer2007 Spokane Wa Member

+1:thumbup:

14. Trlsmn

Sock puppet accounts suck too. :thumbup:

15. ZeroRing

ZeroRing 26th District, WA Active Member

Now who would do THAT?? :laugh: