JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That dood always seems to have good stuff! CZ fan boys are cool by me.

Yah, everything he sells he goes thru & makes sure the buyer will not have issues. Often times upgrading them, just because he likes to work on them.

That particular pistol would be a treat to own for anyone, let alone a CZ fanboy...and that's a giveaway price.

The thing that bothers me is when I see someone show up who has just joined NWFA in the last few days, and they're already at it posting high demand items for exorbitant jacked up prices.
Yeah I fought the urge to "threadcrap" in the last few days too. Instead of joining the stampede to call these guys out, I went in a different direction and congratulated a seller on his thread for not posting an inflated price, when he very well could have {enhanced cap mag}.
I know there are those here who would say that anyone has the right to ask for whatever price he wants. I get that.... free market economy, democracy, American way, apple pie, ETC. Heard about that, sounds like a good idea.
My question is this, Is it really a good thing to encourage an anything goes atmosphere in the NWFA classifieds ? Isn't that what Craigslist and Armslist exist for ? Do we really need to sink to that level ? Doesn't it reflect poorly on NWFA when we see these same day Charlie new members show up for a quick panic sell and then wither away until the next political sh!tstorm ?
Maybe some of the negative comments this week are related to a need for some sort of standard for very new members posting WTS in the classifieds.
How about a requirement of sixty days membership or something before you make a WTS post ? I've read a lot of members comment that they only like to do business with NWFA members in the classifieds. Doesn't one complement the other ?

Well if we are letting fly. :D

My complaint isn't that new members post in the classifieds. Its when they post and don't keep there thread updated or respond to inquiries. There is one in particular that I have been keeping an eye on. Great price but no one knows if the item is sold or not. My guess is it sold on a different forum and he just chose to not come back. :mad:

For god sake have the common courtesy to at least let us know its sold!

The thing that bothers me is when I see someone show up who has just joined NWFA in the last few days, and they're already at it posting high demand items for exorbitant jacked up prices.
Yeah I fought the urge to "threadcrap" in the last few days too. Instead of joining the stampede to call these guys out, I went in a different direction and congratulated a seller on his thread for not posting an inflated price, when he very well could have {enhanced cap mag}.
I know there are those here who would say that anyone has the right to ask for whatever price he wants. I get that.... free market economy, democracy, American way, apple pie, ETC. Heard about that, sounds like a good idea.
My question is this, Is it really a good thing to encourage an anything goes atmosphere in the NWFA classifieds ? Isn't that what Craigslist and Armslist exist for ? Do we really need to sink to that level ? Doesn't it reflect poorly on NWFA when we see these same day Charlie new members show up for a quick panic sell and then wither away until the next political sh!tstorm ?
Maybe some of the negative comments this week are related to a need for some sort of standard for very new members posting WTS in the classifieds.
How about a requirement of sixty days membership or something before you make a WTS post ? I've read a lot of members comment that they only like to do business with NWFA members in the classifieds. Doesn't one complement the other ?

I think there should be a 90 day joined time, plus 100 posts along with a 50 likes received before you can use the classified section personally.

It would keep us from looking like craigslist and armslist.

This is a serious site degradation when people who just joined and only post over priced items, preying on our memebers who may not be quite as price savvy as the rest of us.

Well if we are letting fly. :D

My complaint isn't that new members post in the classifieds. Its when they post and don't keep there thread updated or respond to inquiries. There is one in particular that I have been keeping an eye on. Great price but no one knows if the item is sold or not. My guess is it sold on a different forum and he just chose to not come back. :mad:

For god sake have the common courtesy to at least let us know its sold!

Yeah there is a learning curve that some pick up faster than others. Maybe a few seller etiquette tidbits could be offered when a new member starts selling for the first time. Maybe in an info page for new sellers.

BTW....I wasn't saying that I don't like new members selling...just when it is painfully obvious that the only reason they have have joined NWFA is to access the classifieds in order to offer high demand items for jacked up prices.

I think there should be a 90 day joined time, plus 100 posts along with a 50 likes received before you can use the classified section personally.

It would keep us from looking like craigslist and armslist.

This is a serious site degradation when people who just joined and only post over priced items, preying on our memebers who may not be quite as price savvy as the rest of us.

Hey that would have made it so a member here could not have bought my P938. I get what you are saying and trying to avoid, but then you just get a bunch of fake posts by someone with no actual substance and they wait out the 90 day time clock and you get the same thing. Except maybe you don't it might discourage people from taking part on this forum. I happen to like this place. I thought buying or selling here would end up being more hassle than its worth, but it isn't bad at all.

WTS/WTT WA - P938 SAS with 3mags also selling extras for P238 & P938

Hey that would have made it so a member here could not have bought my P938. I get what you are saying and trying to avoid, but then you just get a bunch of fake posts by someone with no actual substance and they wait out the 90 day time clock and you get the same thing. Except maybe you don't it might discourage people from taking part on this forum. I happen to like this place. I thought buying or selling here would end up being more hassle than its worth, but it isn't bad at all.

At least as I have tried to describe here, it isn't really about newer members selling. It's about the wannabe sharks coming into NWFA at the last minute only to make a quick, high bucks kill during a panic, which we have been seeing now since Columbine and before. Your Sig isn't on the ban now list {at least for the moment} nor do you fit the profile of the type of seller being discussed. In the six months that you have been here, you have interacted with a number of us in the threads and are becoming known as someone who has something to contribute.
The point of the waiting period idea isn't to discourage new sellers, only to remove some of the incentive to use the classifieds here as a feeding ground by those not invested in the site, just quick bucks.

I misspoke and meant to say those rules should apply for posters and not buyers (your fairly close to those numbers).

The 50 likes would help keep posts in line with the conversation as opposed to just posting 100 nonsense posts.

From what I have seen, when something can be sold for an inflated price, people go to the forums to get things for good prices and immediately re-sell them for a quick profit. So when you pressure someone to advertise a good price you are just helping these folks.

This is the main reason many forums do not allow new members to even see the classifieds sections.

This morning I actually sauntered by the ammoes locker at walmart (buying oil) and saw pails/buckets a .22lr.. in buckets/pails.. and said to mysef (intended), God bless Donald Trump.

I would recomend a page for the classifieds outlining the sights rules and tips for posting adds! One thing i see is a sort of criptic system of use that needs tweeking to make things easier to use and thats something to talk about outside this subject, but i say having to read a page of sale rules and sight policies should be a part of how things run im rhe classifieds here! No reason to have a requirement of post count or a membership status, you might find a nube seller likes it here enough to stay and that might be a good thing! That is how i got started here, a friend recomended this sight to me as a place to look for an odd ball rifle I was looking for, and next thing you know, i liked it here and decided to hang out with you most excelent folks!:D:D:D

it would a good requirement to say where or what state you are in , so many new folks are listing with no price and/or no location there is lots of good folks here but some of the new ones are not following the rules,
Things I have noticed the last few months
1. No Price
2. No Location and unwilling to say where they are "State or City"
3. No Responce
4. Not updating add
5. Lots of 1st and 2nd posters spamming/abusing the classifieds

example I was interested in a handgun listed the add said WTS WA the poster said lived in Portland and there was another member from Portland asking the poster to clarify where he was , the poster responded close to the river ? It took the member several try's and back and forth comments to get the poster to say he lived in WA,
I decided I will not inquire about the listed Glock do to the poster/Lister acting like this. Their are Laws about gun sales across the border especially with handguns that is why the member was asking to clarify where the seller lived honest question but I guess some wont play by the rules.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR