JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been looking for the combo that you have. I've heard the 22TCM is a sweet round with a bit of a flash.
I actually found the combo in the for sale section here at a great price a couple years ago after keeping an eye open for a few years. I believe RIA has stopped selling this combo which is too bad because the 22tcm is a really cool round, practically no recoil. In the heavy all steel frame RIA it feels like you are shooting a 22lr. Racking the slide with the lite 22tcm recoil spring takes practically no effort at all.

The one thing that surprised me about the double stack RIA is how heavy it is. It has a complete steel frame with more mass than a single stack which is where the weight comes from. The 2011's I am familiar with have plastic or aluminum grip modules:
2023-06-09_145309.jpg
The extra weight is not necessarily a bad thing as it shoots VERY soft but I can see how the weight could be a hindrance to fast handling in certain competitions. For fast follow up shots the extra weight is great though.

I recommend the RIA, their double stacks after you acquaint yourself with the weight and the 22tcm. All together they are a great combo!

Last Edited:
Making me want to look into them again……I had my eye on a 9mm Tac Ultra but my wallet had other ideas. :D
I wanted a tac ultra double stack in a 9mm/22tcm combo but never found one. The fancier the RIA's get, the better value they seem to be. I have only held a Tac Ultra at a store but they seem to pack in a lot of features for a really great price! It would cost a good bit more money to upgrade a standard 1911 pistol to a comparable configuration using aftermarket parts.

Last Edited:
I've shot one with the .22TCM barrel installed. It was really enjoyable and quite the attention getter!

I actually found the combo in the for sale section here at a great price a couple years ago after keeping an eye open for a few years. I believe RIA has stopped selling this combo which is too bad because the 22tcm is a really cool round, practically no recoil. In the heavy all steel frame RIA it feels like you are shooting a 22lr. Racking the slide with the lite 22tcm recoil spring takes practically no effort at all.

The one thing that surprised me about the double stack RIA is how heavy it is. It has a complete steel frame with more mass than a single stack which is where the weight comes from. The 2011's I am familiar with have plastic or aluminum grips. The extra weight is not necessarily a bad thing as it shoots VERY soft but I can see how the weight could be a hindrance to fast handling in certain competitions. For fast follow up shots the extra weight is great though.

I recommend the RIA, their double stacks after you acquaint yourself with the weight and the 22tcm. All together they are a great combo!
I'm still in the "hunt" for the 22TCM/9mm combo. Been to lots of gun shows and shops. They're tough to find.

I put over a thousand rounds through a plain-jane single stack 9mm with zero issues. This included 115 and 124 grain and brass and steel cases. It was accurate and the trigger was way better than I expected it to be.

I have an RIA compact .45 acp. Shoots softer than my Springfield Commander .45 and feeds anything I give it.

While not as accurate as my Dan Wesson 9mm, I can hit what I aim at knowing it will fire every time I pull the trigger.

I did upgrade the guide rod and spring to an EGW flat wire spring and solid one piece guide rod. I can shoot it all day with no fatigue.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The world is full of kings and queens who blind your eyes and steal your dreams. It's Heaven and Hell.....

triplets.jpg

I got a NIB RIA "Tactical" (pre rail). I bought it cheap and never shot it. Yeah.....too many stupid anti gun laws have made gun collecting......not much fun anymore.

Aloha, Mark

I mean they have an almost a legendary reputation at this point for getting the most out of what you pay. And its a well earned reputation. Frankly they have no business being as good as they are for the price they ask. Some ive handled have room for improvement with finish though, my only complaint.
Anyway its kindve nice to have an inexpensive gun I dont have to worry much about. I dont have that nagging "oh no im gonna wear the finish if I carry it too much" thought in the back of my head like I do for some of my more expensive guns. Buy it shoot it have fun kinda piece. Always good to have one of those around.

"Officer's Model" - RIA or any other brand with this model name. Do you have to be an officer to buy one? Before anyone takes this question seriously, it's said with a hefty dose of sarcasm.

Let's see, a Colt Officer's Model revolver. Which was an Official Police with adjustable sights. I guess manufacturers have to come up with a fancier name for the fancy gun with a fancier price.

Re. the "officer's model" 1911. In the US Army, line officers (meaning, other than CID, etc) typically carried full-sized pistols. Not reduced size, only general officers had those.

When the US Army ran out of Colt pocket model pistols for new general officers circa early 1970's, a new, cut-down 1911 was made for them. It was made from existing 1911's, and was designated the M15. Discontinued in the middle 1980's. The M15 was truly an RIA, as they were fabricated at Rock Island Arsenal, Illinois.

My experience with officers, all the ones I knew carried 1911's in the field except one. Which was my last battalion commander in Vietnam who (atypically) had a Colt Detective Special. My dad was an air force officer, he didn't like carrying the extra weight of a gun so as a pilot chose not to and turned his in.

I've owned several Rock Island 1911s and they've all been good, solid shooters. I've sold my .45 1911s to friends who really, really wanted them. and I've kept my 10mm and .22 TCM 1911s. I can also attest that their customer care is top notch as well.

Last Edited:
We have a deal pending at the end of the month. I really appreciate the look out and our members! :cool:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top