JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
7bce3a6d0b1751a4961939610f2e0c4a_zps50eba3ce.jpg

My contender has a broken trigger pin. It's the pin that goes through the entire frame and is right above the trigger... Since the gun hasn't been made for a few years ;) I was wondering if anyone knew where to get parts besides a parts frame... A google search brought nothing worthwhile for pins, but I did find a screaming deal on a new'ish 22lr barrel!

I did find some various pin stock on midway's website... Is machining my own the route I am looking at? Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Last Edited:
I have run across the same problem in the past with my High Standard pistols.
I went to Harbor Freight and bought some of their cheap small sized drill bit sets in metric and standard sizes.
Find one that fits perfect, cut it a little longer then the original pin with my air grinder cut off blade.
Grind it down to the proper length & bevel, blue the ends and tap into place.
The drill bits are surfaced hardened also.

Make sure you pick up a metric set also. Thompson probably drilled the hole with an SAE sized bit, and the metrics sizes fit nice and snug.

Great news!!! I emailed TCarms about the pin and got a call back today from one of their support techs. They are sending me a replacement (plus a couple spares) at no charge. Knew exactly what I was talking about and had everything processed by the time we were done on the phone. Talk about customer service!

Great news!!! I emailed TCarms about the pin and got a call back today from one of their support techs. They are sending me a replacement (plus a couple spares) at no charge. Knew exactly what I was talking about and had everything processed by the time we were done on the phone. Talk about customer service!

Glad they were able to help you out :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads