JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The Most Realistic Gun Training Possible

Sure, the guns were real. The ammunition was live. You really pulled the trigger and so did the other guy. It looked like you were shooting at each other. It sounded like it too.

But you were actually shooting at a high-tech mirror film designed to absorb bullets and angled toward an area next to you. Your shots landed harmlessly in a rubber backstop behind that mirror. It's all part of a new training program run by a company called Troysgate.

Lol I play paintball and airsoft it's fun to play but it also teaches you how to use cover and engage multiple targets but if you get too serious it's not fun anymore its more for fun with my nephew and his friends but once a 14 year old kid lights you up with a full auto paintball gun you learn real quick

Up date lol played paint ball today with my nephew and friends and family for his birthday party got plenty of kills and got shot plenty of times also lol 7656.jpeg

Up date lol played paint ball today with my nephew and friends and family for his birthday party got plenty of kills and got shot plenty of times also lolView attachment 355007

People who want to play "army" and fantasies about CQB situations really need to play paintball. It can be very humbling to realize you may get a few kills but in the end you still end up dead in many of the matches.

Along the lines of training, Renton Fish and Game Club does something called a "Black Rifle shoot" every month and it focuses on urban CQB and performing the course with an emphasis on survivability. It's a ton of fun and only $20 to participate. You get to test your gear and see if it works the way you imagine it would.

I agree if you take it too seriously it stops being fun, but on the flip side, it depends on what you are training for. I went on a 7 mile hike today with 2 AR's, 9 mags of 30 rounds each. The purpose was to test multicam against Atacs FG against a carhart coat in military green to see how they compared in the environment I was in. We set them up 200 yards away in a multicolored grassy meadow. I'll create a separate post with photos with the results. My kid sister came along, she carried the water and the camo clothes I was going to test, and we also did some target shooting.

During the hike we also did some stalking and I showed her what the primary things that give away your position are. Doing field tests like that can really give you an idea for what works, what doesn't and what you would like to modify.

When I had a pistol I got an metal airsoft replica and had friends hide in places with airsoft rifles, shotguns, and pistols around my house and we all had eye pro and thick coats on (one of the rifles and one of the pistols was pretty high power) and I would practice with clearing rooms and my house.

People who want to play "army" and fantasies about CQB situations really need to play paintball. It can be very humbling to realize you may get a few kills but in the end you still end up dead in many of the matches.

Along the lines of training, Renton Fish and Game Club does something called a "Black Rifle shoot" every month and it focuses on urban CQB and performing the course with an emphasis on survivability. It's a ton of fun and only $20 to participate. You get to test your gear and see if it works the way you imagine it would.

I agree if you take it too seriously it stops being fun, but on the flip side, it depends on what you are training for. I went on a 7 mile hike today with 2 AR's, 9 mags of 30 rounds each. The purpose was to test multicam against Atacs FG against a carhart coat in military green to see how they compared in the environment I was in. We set them up 200 yards away in a multicolored grassy meadow. I'll create a separate post with photos with the results. My kid sister came along, she carried the water and the camo clothes I was going to test, and we also did some target shooting.

During the hike we also did some stalking and I showed her what the primary things that give away your position are. Doing field tests like that can really give you an idea for what works, what doesn't and what you would like to modify.
Yep paintball is fun where I play is half woods ball and half CQB city type stuff they have a big bridge type thing that has different shooter towers so you get shot at from above as well as head to head and can go running through the woods ITS CALLED PAINTBALL STATION INBETWEEN STANWOOD AND MT VERNON there are video of it on YouTube and I think they have a facebook page

Having actually been in combat , the idea of of running around in the woods and "shooting" at people trying to make a "Kill" is not my idea of fun.
In my mind making a game out of killing cheapens and soils the real affect and real conditions of combat and what combat does to people.
I have seen too many killed or wounded in real life to see any enjoyment in this activity.

Too many facets of combat are not addressed in a round of paintball or airsoft.
If you can get up afterwards and dust yourself off after getting "killed" and go have a beer , then its not "realistic," its just a game.
If you haven't spent months or longer under the stress of being out in a country far from home being:
Hungry
Bored
Too hot / too cold
Never having enough supplies
Not enough sleep
Feeling like you have been forgotten or you are the only unit who is actually doing something
Smelling the dead
Having to brush flies away who just landed on a corpse off your chow
Cleaning yourself and your clothes 'cause of the dead enemies remains that are stuck there
Getting to a mental point where you don't care about living or dying

And then when you do get shot at , knowing that the next decisions you make may lead to someones death or awful wounding , only then will it be a actual realistic simulation of combat.

Note to all who "play" ...
I am not saying that no one should play.
Or that you are wrong for doing so.
Just don't go thinking that panitball / airsoft is a realistic simulation for real actual combat.
Combat is mindset that only actual combat can realistically prepare you for.

I have very strong feelings about paintball and airsoft.
It is not my intention to insult those who play and enjoy it.
Andy

Last Edited:
Having actually been in combat , the idea of of running around in the woods and "shooting" at people trying to make a "Kill" is not my idea of fun.
In my mind making a game out of killing cheapens and soils the real affect and real conditions of combat and what combat does to people.
I have seen too many killed or wounded in real life to see any enjoyment in this activity.

Too many facets of combat are not addressed in a round of paintball or airsoft.
If you can get up afterwards and dust yourself off after getting "killed" and go have a beer , then its not "realistic," its just a game.
If you haven't spent months or longer under the stress of being out in a country far from home being:
Hungry
Bored
Too hot / too cold
Never having enough supplies
Not enough sleep
Feeling like you have been forgotten or you are the only unit who is actually doing something
Smelling the dead
Having to brush flies away who just landed on a corpse off your chow
Cleaning yourself and your clothes 'cause of the dead enemies remains that are stuck there
Getting to a mental point where you don't care about living or dying

And then when you do get shot at , knowing that the next decisions you make may lead to someones death or awful wounding , only then will it be a actual realistic simulation of combat.

Note to all who "play" ...
I am not saying that no one should play.
Or that you are wrong for doing so.
Just don't go thinking that panitball / airsoft is a realistic simulation for real actual combat.
Combat is mindset that only actual combat can realistically prepare you for.

I have very strong feelings about paintball and airsoft.
It is not my intention to insult those who play and enjoy it.
Andy

Thank you for your service. It would be difficult/impossible to simulate all that into a 6 hour time period where people are playing paintball/airsoft I also completely agree that airsoft and paintball are not representations of combat from the standpoint that 99% of paintball/airsoft cover would actually only be concealment up against a rifle. What they do help practice though, and I believe do it very well, is small unit tactics. More than 99% of the population will never understand what our veterans on the front lines have been through, but being a nation of militiamen, it's still important to be able to practice small unit tactics in a non-lethal environment that the civilian population can participate in easily. I played my first paintball match when I was eleven years old. My team was a group of kids from the YMCA and we were pitted up against a team of men wearing full camo, had bottles of reloads on their waste and customized guns. It was a forested setting. Did we get slaughtered, for the most part, but we also "marked" several of them in the process. I learned a lot from that experience and I definitely behaved differently in future matches based on what I learned.

American123,
Thank you for your kind words and understanding where I am coming from.
I was hesitant in posting my thoughts on this matter.
It is extremely difficult to explain all my thoughts and feelings without much getting lost or misinterpreted thru the internet...
Andy

Oh don't get me wrong I would never compare paintball to real combat but like you and he said its a game and I also said if you take it too seriously it's not fun but like he said it does teach you some tactical stuff LOL THE FIRST TIME I PLAYED I got shot alot and the more you play the better you get and if you get a group of guys and girls that play together alot then team tactics comes into play if see some of the pro player's or play against them you are on a steep learning curve and you better learn fast or you will be real sore that night lol

Oh yeah I started with a rental gun and now I have three guns two basic woods ball guns tippmann 98 and a tippmann A5 and the third is one like he was talking bout a EMPIRE AXE PRO this one is no joke and was not cheap but if YOU WANT TO COMPETE WITH THE BIG BOY'S BETTER GET THAT CREDIT CARD OUT lol and it is not just kids playing HECK MAN I'M 47 YEAR'S OLD LOL

Well as I said ... Not my idea of a fun time.
I have a hard time pointing a gun of any type at anyone in the name of "game" ,"play" or "fun".
But ideas and opinions are like azzholes as they say...
Luckily we are not limited to my ideas , likes or dislikes.
So if you have fun with paintball...then enjoy.

Again not trying to be insulting ...
Andy

Last Edited:
I would be afraid that even a light charge would melt the plastic...:eek::D

Its not just the guns that I don't care for ... but the thought of pointing a gun at someone in the idea of play.

That said ... Just 'cause I don't like it .. doesn't mean that it should not be done.
Just that I don't like the idea.
Andy
Andy I'm sure we could make one that looks like your muzzle loaders lol you can't use black powder though it would melt the paint ball

Last Edited:
PROBABLY melt parts of most of the guns sense lots of then now are plastic and carbon fiber and thin aluminum but you would be able to shoot it in your back yard most use a 68 cal paint ball no recoil and no smoke and not much noise

Oh yeah I started with a rental gun and now I have three guns two basic woods ball guns tippmann 98 and a tippmann A5 and the third is one like he was talking bout a EMPIRE AXE PRO this one is no joke and was not cheap but if YOU WANT TO COMPETE WITH THE BIG BOY'S BETTER GET THAT CREDIT CARD OUT lol and it is not just kids playing HECK MAN I'M 47 YEAR'S OLD LOL

I've found that a rental gun works perfectly fine if you can get a reliable shot pattern out of it. Accuracy is king and then speed. It's fun marking people with very expensive gear with the rental gun. :)

I've found that a rental gun works perfectly fine if you can get a reliable shot pattern out of it. Accuracy is king and then speed. It's fun marking people with very expensive gear with the rental gun. :)
YEP the expensive gun was a impulse buy lol but I tend to do that keeping up with the guy next door type of deal I been painted a few times by some kid playing his first game ever with a rental gun lol like I said I'm old I don't move too fast any more the only advantage I have over the young fast kids is I can afford to buy faster guns LOL it's all fun and games

For you guys in Oregon they have the super game twice a year in ST Paul at the sniper 's den paint ball field it's a huge game goes on for three days and nights you can look it up there are lots of video but the best one that is short to watch is super game 43 promo

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top