JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For you guys in Oregon they have the super game twice a year in ST Paul at the sniper 's den paint ball field it's a huge game goes on for three days and nights you can look it up there are lots of video but the best one that is short to watch is super game 43 promo

Holy smokes, 3 days and nights. Is there some method for keeping score? Do they take dedicated breaks for meals and sleeping or is it just all out carnage for 72 hours?

All this paintball talk brings back the memories... Traveling for tourneys, 24hr games, working for sponsors...
Takes me back
Had a LOT of fun back then, and spent A LOT of money
actually, I reckon I'll be spending similar amounts of money for my first 2-gun match as I did for paintball tourneys...

Holy smokes, 3 days and nights. Is there some method for keeping score? Do they take dedicated breaks for meals and sleeping or is it just all out carnage for 72 hours?
They have breaks and play different games with different types of guns and they do have night games but there is no tactical thinking going on there is so many people it's kinda a free for all LOL PUT THIS WAY YOUR GOING TO GET HIT A LOT

All this paintball talk brings back the memories... Traveling for tourneys, 24hr games, working for sponsors...
Takes me back
Had a LOT of fun back then, and spent A LOT of money
actually, I reckon I'll be spending similar amounts of money for my first 2-gun match as I did for paintball tourneys...
Yep me and my brother inlaw paid for all the people in that picture above to play and rented Guns for those that didn't have one and paid for the paint for my nephew birthday party $600 it's a yearly thing we have been doing on his birthday for 5 year's but all the rest of the year if my nephew and his friends want to go I just tell them bring $20 bucks each and I pay the difference

Another update last weekend was the anniversary of the paint ball station up here we had a great day 80 player's that's full they had to turn people away first picture is me the second is the same picture but my sister used her cartoon or grafitty app lol 7757.jpeg 7760.jpeg

I think what Andy is trying to convey is that simulation cannot accurately simulate many things that are the horrors of war. The actual vile smells, the filth, the actual seeing a human being being blown apart and ending up with some on your clothes and the other things he mentions are not things that I think anyone who has not experienced them is ready for. And haviing lived through these sees no reason to try and recreate them. Am I a veteran, no. I tried to join but due to physical problems was rejected. But I have a grandfather who was in the trenches of WW1, a father who was in the first wave in the S Pacific in WW2 and several friends who were in VN. In talking to all over the years I think that Andy's descriptions and feeings are accurate.

Like I said before I would never compare paintball to real combat but this thread is about some what realistic gun training what ever that is lol paint ball is all about fun if you take it for more than that you are asking for trouble it can be helpful in some ways but it's a weekend fun day of running around in the Wood 's playing a high Tech game of tag

I understand about paintball being a game.
Its mostly the idea of hunting someone down with the intent of "shooting" them in the name of "fun" that bothers me the most.
That and hearing folks brag about their "kills".
After my life experiences I can not find fun in the act of pretend shooting and killing.
The act of shooting and killing , in my mind , should not be made into a game.

Thank you to those of you who have read my posts on this topic and got what I was trying to say.

I also understand that my thoughts on this subject might be a bit extreme.
And that my thoughts on this "game" might not also be for everyone.
As I have said on many a post : Luckily we are not limited to my likes and dislikes.

For those who play and enjoy this game ... play on , just not with me.
Andy

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews