JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Once I get my loads set up for the 223 with the can we should hit it up. It's been a long time since I've gone that distance with anything.

I always have the tactical mosin that can get there.

Stupid question possibly but did you actually happen to range that? If not, I'll be up there in the area this weekend camping and I can do it.

Stupid question possibly but did you actually happen to range that? If not, I'll be up there in the area this weekend camping and I can do it.
Yes. To the landing pad it's 980ish depending on where you put your target. If you go down to the second pad, 1400ish.

It was an NRA sanctioned and certified event. As far as I know its the only 1,000 range in the area.
The club has been there since 1953 so I bet its measured well.

A 1000 yards lol I can't see that far .
I'm lucky to hit something at 7 yards .
HEHEE
I posted that because I was watching y-t and someone called "the old gunsmith" or "the real gunsmith"
posted a video because a kid emailed him and said that "the 6.5 Creedmore was a perfectly dandy
1,300 yard Elk cartridge... The "Old Gunsmith" was livid that the kid would be so reckless to shoot
at live game at those ranges. People talk about shooting game at those ranges but do they really
know far it really is? Do they regularly practice at those ranges to know how to dope the wind, light, etc?
This is a picture of an F Class target @ 1,000 yards.
IMG_0319.jpg
If you can shoot that well then you might think about taking game at long ranges.

:s0042: :s0042::s0042:

Many Moons ago I did some Instructing down at the NRA Whittington Center and managed to make it in time got the Very first .50 Caliber Black Powder Cartridge Rifle Match and it was Simply was GREAT!!!:):):)
If my wallet ever gets as big as my ambition I'd like to shoot long range Black powder cartridge matches.

600 yard line at DRRC Service Rifle, unsupported, 4 power scope, 4.5 pound trigger.
Can you see the targets?
oudiy34WtauulKUFJG4TxqVIvQyS-6F--jg2H06VxkjHmS1LQYxKCoW0OK5f977SgAtEFKJpVW5ikVbjkN8=w469-h625-no.jpg
600 yard MR-1 target. edge of the black is a '7'. 36" Black
mr1.gif

Last Edited:
600 yard line at DRRC Service Rifle, unsupported, 4 power scope, 4.5 pound trigger.
Can you see the targets?
View attachment 585132
MR-1 target edge of the black is a '7'. 36" Black
View attachment 585133
Boy, I have Arthritis in my Neck & Spine, I can only dream of being that flexible to lie prone & shoot
like that- enjoy it while you're young. The next item on my shopping list is a shooting tripod.

I posted that because I was watching y-t and someone called "the old gunsmith" or "the real gunsmith"
posted a video because a kid emailed him and said that "the 6.5 Creedmore was a perfectly dandy
1,300 yard Elk cartridge... The "Old Gunsmith" was livid that the kid would be so reckless to shoot
at live game at those ranges. People talk about shooting game at those ranges but do they really
know far it really is? Do they regularly practice at those ranges to know how to dope the wind, light, etc?
View attachment 585131
If you can shoot that well then you might think about taking game at long ranges.

Works like the fish that got away stories.

Depending on target placement, 900 to 1400(ish).

Last couple trips there, wind was blowing enough to make it interesting. About 8" correction at 500 yards yesterday.

We plan on being there this weekend. If you see a 3rd trimester guy in a silver pu, say hello.

FWIW- If you camp on the landing where the pic was taken, about 6 shooting lanes are taken out of consideration for safety reasons.

Everyone be safe out there. :)

Depending on target placement, 900 to 1400(ish).

Last couple trips there, wind was blowing enough to make it interesting. About 8" correction at 500 yards yesterday.

We plan on being there this weekend. If you see a 3rd trimester guy in a silver pu, say hello.

FWIW- If you camp on the landing where the pic was taken, about 6 shooting lanes are taken out of consideration for safety reasons.

Everyone be safe out there. :)

What day do you plan on going up? If you see a red Toyota with a dude covered in tats and a STUNNINGLY beautiful young redhead gal, that's myself and the girlfriend. Likewise, say howdy!!!

We wont camp there, too much traffic. Been there done that. May camp up the road but they destroyed the spot we normally camp and flattened it out. Must be getting ready for some logging or something

View attachment 585131
Years ago the management at the Tacoma Rifle Club got tired of hearing about people shooting deer at "1000 yards". They set up a 4 x 8 sheet of 3/4 inch steel plate at 1,000 yards and offered free membership to anybody that could hit it 2 out of 5 shots. (excluding the long range rifle competitors). They didn't give away many memberships.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top