JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Last week, I received as a gift, from a coworkers PIL a Japanese fan. They are Japanese and were visiting for a short vacation. The fan has an image of Mt. Fuji (see first pic)
DSCF0955.jpg
and here are the supplies:
DSCF0956.jpg
And this is how it turned out
DSCF0957.jpg
DSCF0959.jpg
Glad it was a nice weekend.

Nope, actually Japanese made.

However, it was more about the thought that counts and where it came from, considering, the PIL came from Japan for the visit. For some reason, gifting is very important to them.

Next time tell them to bring a geisha if they insist on gifting..........

Ok, geez guys. These folks were just nice. I have helped out their family, my coworker and his wife. It was a courteous thing they did and all I did was show it back in kind.

I think it is totally cool. In Japan giving a gift is an horonable thing. But when you honor the gift in display in your home, you increase the honor of the house who gave the gift.
In english -- You did AWESOME

However, it was more about the thought that counts and where it came from, considering, the PIL came from Japan for the visit. For some reason, gifting is very important to them.

I was being sarcastic of course, no offense intended. I admire the Japanese and their respectful society. My two boys are half Japanese so you can see how far my admiration goes. :s0112:

Make sure if you see them again to give them gifts, multiple gifts are better.
Rare snacks and what not usually goes well. Don't expect them to open it after you pass it over. There is a whole method to this process.

@ ASP---Fortunately the PIL's saw the fan displayed before the left for Japan. Highly doubt I will ever see them again, this was a once of a lifetime trip for them. But if I go to Japan, I will make sure I am fully prepared. My coworker keyed me into some of the gift giving things. The only thing I could give them on such short notice was to display it.

@ bruzer---Thank you. Was trying for the contrast of the black and white, think it turned out well.

@ Trlsmn---Its all good. Yeah, guess you do have admiration!

Nice job on that frame box... Where I work we have forestry professionals from all over the world come and study, to learn more about our forests and what can help them in theirs. One thing I have noticed is the Asian cultures like to give gifts to their hosts, or people associated with such. and when you visit their country gifts are a good thing they show respect and admiration. Personally I think the Aussies we have had are some of the coolest most laid back people. Thats just my opinion though.......
Once again I love the box, and I know you made them very happy to display their gift in your home.
Soul

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads