JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lightning is no joke. I lived in FL for a couple years and also spent a lot of summers there visiting my grandparents. It was drilled into our heads that when you hear the thunder rumble, it's best to take cover.

There was a horrible story down there one summer when there was a hurricane 150 miles off the coast. Two little league kids died when lightning struck between left and centerfield. It was a clear, beautiful and sunny day, but FL is so flat, the lightning strikes can reach out FAR.

Once, I was about 50-100' of a tree that got struck and was in the blast radius and could feel the shockwave of energy. The hair on my arms and neck are standing up, just typing this.

One day at my first job lightning struck our building. I saw the flash inside the building and it sounded like a bomb went off inside.

Thats the one (and only) thing I miss about living in Kentucky was the storms. The shear volume, power, and earth shaking noise they created was awe inspiring.
When that lightning struck it was so loud the thunder would shake our house. The lightning would so close and frequent at night it felt like someone was flickering a light switch in our bedroom at night.

Had a close call a few years ago in South Carolina .fishing had to run for the boat House and your right when it hits the ground close by it's like a bomb

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top