JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I agree that this guy needs to be thrown in jail and this is just one more mark in the gun owners are dumb column.
The only good news is it was an accident and not an attack or mass shooting.

Stupid hurts! It's so unfortunate that a poor, innocent woman is in critical condition! I hope this boob is prosecuted to the full extent of the law! :mad:
Bless the poor lady and her recovery! :)

Great, just when we were making progress.
Some dumb jackwagon decides to drink and carry.
I hope they catch him and throw his half brain arse in jail.

Yep.

<broken link removed>

Frigging idiot was INTOXICATED and claimed he dropped his gun during the movie, shooting the victim. He escaped the theater and called 911 at home to turn himself in. Hope he's prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

Prepare for sh!tstorm of anti-gunners blaming guns tomorrow in the news. Because, ya know, nobody blames the car when a drunk driver murders someone. But somehow, with a gun, it's the gun's fault...

First I would like to say that I hope the victim makes a full recovery. Also I would say to her, please don't judge the rest of us gun owners , on this one idiot.
Stories like this are the among the many reasons why we as gun owners need to hold ourselves to a higher standard.
We need to extra careful in our actions , because whenever a firearm makes the news we are all judged and often painted by the same brush , as the saying goes.
Andy

There is one bubba in every group that says hey hold my beer and watch this mentality.
Carrying while drinking is stupid. Its also why when I do drink "rarely" I do not do so in public or at others places if I am carrying its a personal law for me cause If there is an incident even if you are in the right if you have been drinking you will be viewed as making a poor choice in judgement period. Hence the article above, one has to ask how did the gun fall unless he was handling it. I have never in 50 years had a gun jump out of the holster and make a run for it.

If stupid people doing stupid things with dangerous items were justification to outlaw/restrict all such items, we'd all be left standing in a locked box with nothing but ourselves inside.

You cannot legislate morality, nor can you legislate common sense. But a handful of people doing stupid things is not a reason to restrict everyone else. My bigger fear here is that the lady who got shot is going to become yet another mom against guns and go all Gabby on us after she recovers. I wish her a full recovery, and hope she doesn't use her tragedy to attack other's rights.

Any attempt by the anti's to turn this against gun owners should be immediately turned back on them in such a way as to reveal their hypocrisy, their single-minded anti-gun beliefs, and their complete and utter disregard for the rights of others. Unless they are prepared to outlaw cars, bicycles, matches, knives, forks, swimming pools, trampolines, buildings, cigarettes, gasoline, rubber ducks, Democrat politicians, or anything else people do stupid things with, then they really have no argument whatsoever.

If someone pulls this crap with you, throw it back in their face. Show them for the ignorant fools they are.

I would think this is not a person with a goodguy card.
I sure hope she makes a speedy recovery.
This is not the times to be careless with your carry since we are all demonized as it is.:mad:

I would think this is not a person with a goodguy card.
I sure hope she makes a speedy recovery.
This is not the times to be careless with your carry since we are all demonized as it is.:mad:

I would separate what this guy did from being 'careless'. I don't think being drunk and carrying a gun is careless, it's downright stupid. This guy made very poor choices and the rest of us are going to pay for them.

I would separate what this guy did from being 'careless'. I don't think being drunk and carrying a gun is careless, it's downright stupid. This guy made very poor choices and the rest of us are going to pay for them.
Agreed, plus he was probably finger bubbleguming his gun too. It's one thing to check on your cc - it's another thing to "play" with it.

Frigging idiot was INTOXICATED and claimed he dropped his gun during the movie, shooting the victim. He escaped the theater and called 911 at home to turn himself in. Hope he's prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

I wonder how many guns out there will fire when they're dropped? Seems to me most guns today are designed not to do that. I call B.S.

We can only pray he is a democrat and then it won't that big of a deal . But If hes shown to be a republican or consevative then SHirt will hit the fan ( it was premeditated, White Racist Extremist)

Last Edited:
I think he did drop it but then tried to keep it from hitting the ground and pulled the trigger in the process.

Also, having a CCL does NOT make you qualified as a firearms expert or even qualified opinionated person.

In WA we need 0 hours of training, $60 and 6 weeks to get a "good guy card".

Last Edited:
I think he did drop it but then tried to keep it from hitting the ground and pulled the trigger in the process.

Also, having a CCL does NOT make you qualified as a firearms expert or even qualifies opinionated person.

In WA we need 0 hours of training, $60 and 6 weeks to get a "good guy card".

$65.00 and 11 days for my good guy card from fingerprints to my mail box in 2012.
50 years and shooting and nary an AD, except when the head space was off in my brother's old tube fed .22LR..
3 rounds of full auto and a ruptured stove pipe gets your attention! That was gopher shooting in college.
Brutus Out

Last Edited:
Poor word choice titles don't help us a bit either. Someone is inclined to think there was a mass shooting at a theater with a title like that.... not just someone injured by a accidental discharge. I don't see how geographical location matters.

That's a negligent discharge, jluck.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top